News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Disclosure and sex

Started by Martinus, January 14, 2012, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Ooh, Krugman.

Quote from: Sheilbhof which indicates that this idea was swishing round the left-wing that reads blogs and enjoys the NYT, which I'd suggest is a better definition of limousine liberal

I'm a limousine liberal?  Well, well.  Who knew?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 10:23:11 PM
I didn't say either definition works :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I want to be a limousin liberal.  Though I suspect that term was concocted to allude to Jews.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2012, 10:23:43 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 10:23:11 PM
I didn't say either definition works :P

Quiet boy.  I have to get my top hat on before I go to the Rainbow Room for my dinner with Rockefeller.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
Anti-Yi left.

I think people read to much into Yi's anger at me.  I just do what to him what he does to everyone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2012, 10:14:51 PM
<snip>
OK, that book about Kansas, right?  I've heard of that.  Don't necessarily agree with his premise though.

And it's still a little difficult to reconcile a belief that the white working class clings to their guns and religion with holding them in esteem.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
I think people read to much into Yi's anger at me.  I just do what to him what he does to everyone else.

Ask yourself this question: if I do whatever it is I do to everyone else, why are you the only one who stalks me from thread to thread?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2012, 10:34:04 PM

Ask yourself this question: if I do whatever it is I do to everyone else, why are you the only one who stalks me from thread to thread?

Dude, there's like 50 of us here.  We almost all post in every thread.

Ideologue

You're also the only one that didn't like my taxonomy of them.  Raz: contrary. :angry:
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2012, 10:53:52 PM
OK, that book about Kansas, right?  I've heard of that.  Don't necessarily agree with his premise though.

And it's still a little difficult to reconcile a belief that the white working class clings to their guns and religion with holding them in esteem.
Well now we're arguing about Obama's comments, not about limousine liberal contempt. 

For what it's worth I don't think this quote is terribly contemptuous.  I actually think it's quite sympathetic:
QuoteYou go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 11:02:47 PM
You're also the only one that didn't like my taxonomy of them.  Raz: contrary. :angry:

Apperently I'm stalking everyone here. :D

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 07:29:22 PM
And some of you just don't talk politics enough for me to know where you stand.

I find talking politics or religion on the interwebs is like having sex with a nymphomaniac.

At first it's great, torrid fun. Then it becomes an exhausting, chafing grind. And in the end you realize there'll never be a mutually satisfactory conclusion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Don't tell me what I would and wouldn't like. <_<
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2012, 11:08:43 PM
Well now we're arguing about Obama's comments, not about limousine liberal contempt. 
I'm trying to argue that by not taking offense at Obama's comment, limousine liberals demonstrated their lack of esteem for the working class.

QuoteFor what it's worth I don't think this quote is terribly contemptuous.  I actually think it's quite sympathetic:
QuoteYou go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
[/quote]

That's patronizing, which is a variation on contempt.

Eddie Teach

Malthus and Martinus are center-right? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?