News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Disclosure and sex

Started by Martinus, January 14, 2012, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

We all laughed and found it silly when the Israeli court found a guy guilty of rape because he told his sex partner he is Jewish instead of an Arab. But at the same time people, to a various degree, expect disclosure of certain information in sex - and sometimes even such disclosure is required by law (e.g. in case of HIV), often in ways that are rather inconsistent and/or hypocritical.

So I wanted to start a discussion what characteristics one should be required/expected to disclose before engaging in consensual sex.

Admiral Yi

Gender, communicable diseases, and whether you're over the age of consent.

mongers

What's their opinion on limited overs cricket.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2012, 02:46:42 PM

so... she's not getting any unless she can explain the Duckworth-Lewis rule?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2012, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2012, 02:46:42 PM

so... she's not getting any unless she can explain the Duckworth-Lewis rule?

No, just no 2nd helpings. Marriage would be on the table if she could explain that.  :D

CountDeMoney

Great, another I-wanna-discuss-something-homoey-in-my-life-but-I'll-disguise-it-as-a-topic-even-though-everybody-knows-what-an-attention-whore-I-am Martinus thread.

Yes Marti, he should tell you if he's positive if you've asked him, even if he doesn't want to, before you fuck him.

OK?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2012, 03:35:49 PM
Credit history.

Yeah you wouldn't want the credit card merchants bouncing payment.  :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2012, 02:43:37 PM
Basically this.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2012, 03:20:10 PM
Great, another I-wanna-discuss-something-homoey-in-my-life-but-I'll-disguise-it-as-a-topic-even-though-everybody-knows-what-an-attention-whore-I-am Martinus thread.

Yes Marti, he should tell you if he's positive if you've asked him, even if he doesn't want to, before you fuck him.

OK?

Yeah, Marty might as well come clean.  He should tell his partners he has herpes and what ever else he picked up in the meantime.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
Yeah, Marty might as well come clean.  He should tell his partners he has herpes and what ever else he picked up in the meantime.

Meh, as much of a homohore as he is, I think Marti is rather conservative in his approach to the wilderness of homosex.  After all, he doesn't even do anal.

Martinus

I was hoping someone might bring this up. Why gender and not. say, ethnicity? Or plastic surgeries? Or religious views? Or marital status?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on January 14, 2012, 03:49:25 PM

I was hoping someone might bring this up. Why gender and not. say, ethnicity? Or plastic surgeries? Or religious views?
Put it the other way.  I can see why gender matters.  Why would ethnicicty, plastic surgeries or religious views matter when you're just having sex? 
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Ethnicity?  Plastic surgery?  WTF?

Viking

Lying to get sex is what makes us human. So disclosure should be limited to stuff that can get me hurt but not include stuff that is embarrassing. So...

- communicable disesases
- if this intercourse might be of non-legal status
- if should would rather not have sex
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.