And we're back!

Main Menu

Paula’s big fat secret

Started by garbon, January 13, 2012, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Maximus on January 13, 2012, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 13, 2012, 07:07:01 PM
Fried Food Day is later this month. I like smoked mozzerella, wrapped with some filo dough, and then after being deep fried drizzled with honey.

You had me up to the honey. What is it with people putting sugar on perfectly good food?

I don't get it either.  Cheese and sugar are separate but equal.

Except cheesecake is like a delicious mulatto girl.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 09:20:44 PM
You sure you're not talking about plain old loin?

Around here, if it's shaped like a loaf of bread or a turkey roll and roasted it's pork loin.  If it's flat and round and breaded, it's tenderloin.

I am, as I've never cooked pork loin before.

You are thinking of this pork tenderloin, which isn't the whole piece of meat.  I prepare whole tenderloin, more like this.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Larch on January 13, 2012, 07:07:34 PM
Waffles, bacon and scrambled eggs are ok for breakfast. The sizes will depend on how many people will be eating, so they don't necessarily offend me. But fucking tenderloin for breakfast? That's just wrong.

What's wrong with pork tenderloin as a breakfast meat?

Ideologue

You guys are way too interested in loin.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

*reads thread, compares dishes discussed to own pinboard with recipes to be worked on* I feel so un-American.
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 14, 2012, 01:06:39 AM
*reads thread, compares dishes discussed to own pinboard with recipes to be worked on* I feel so un-American.

I'm buying cheesecake for breakfast tomorrow.
Kinemalogue

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Ok, from Ed, fair enough, he's old and thus chronic diseases must constantly prey on his mind.  But you, katmai?  That's like the pot telling the kettle it's got a weight problem.
Kinemalogue

katmai

I have lost 40 lbs and don't eat reese cups for breakfast, lunch and dinner, ya fucking moron.

Ideologue

I don't have much, but everyone wants to take away my noms. :(
Kinemalogue

katmai

When you make it the staple of your diet yes.

Ideologue

I haven't eaten a Reese's cup in like four days.  You don't understand my system.

Tell you what, dudes, whenever I get the opportunity, I'll have my pancreas and blood sugar and such looked at.  If I'm healthy, you all owe me an apology.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 14, 2012, 01:18:55 AM
Ok, from Ed, fair enough, he's old and thus chronic diseases must constantly prey on his mind.  But you, katmai?  That's like the pot telling the kettle it's got a weight problem.

Hey, I haven't got on your case. All I've said is if your face goes numb, go to the ER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Fried Food Day is later this month. I like smoked mozzerella, wrapped with some filo dough, and then after being deep fried drizzled with honey.

You had me up to the honey. What is it with people putting sugar on perfectly good food?
Just a bit.  It enhances the flavor.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 09:57:44 PM

I don't get it either.  Cheese and sugar are separate but equal.

Except cheesecake is like a delicious mulatto girl.
Cheesecake is disgusting.  I hate that crap.
PDH!