So what's the big fucking deal about Marines pissing on dead Taliban?

Started by CountDeMoney, January 12, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

We live in an age of instant communications, omnipresent cameras and moral cowardice, so this sort of thing will be frowned upon.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Meh.  Show me a US Marine that isn't mean enough to piss on the corpse of an enemy he just killed & I'll show you a US Marine that needs to get drummed out.  They're trained killers, not the Girl Scouts...

Valmy

It seems bizarre to expect people killing each other to act with decorum and respect the whole time.  I know these guys are professionals and all but they are not robots.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2012, 08:55:54 AM
It seems bizarre to expect people killing each other to act with decorum and respect the whole time.  I know these guys are professionals and all but they are not robots.
Quote from: C.C.R. on January 13, 2012, 08:53:39 AM
Meh.  Show me a US Marine that isn't mean enough to piss on the corpse of an enemy he just killed & I'll show you a US Marine that needs to get drummed out.  They're trained killers, not the Girl Scouts...
See, but this is where the moral cowardice comes in.  The public doesn't want to think about the consequences of their actions and policies.  In their world, the only good soldier is like the ones on the GI Joe cartoon, or like the ones in the old WWII movies.  It's the same well from which 'supporting the troops' flowed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

:yes:

I, for one, sleep better at night knowing that Col. Nathan Jessup is up on that wall, and prefer to just say "Thank you" to quibbling about some bullshit perceived dichotomy of how it's OK to put 5.56mm holes in a human being, but voiding one's bladder on their corpse after the fact in a cathartic flow is a No-No.  Hell, stuff like this is going to save us millions of $$$ in PTSD therapy bills alone...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on January 13, 2012, 02:48:29 AM
From the responses given, only HVC gets it.

Oh, we get.  We just don't fucking care.

Kinda like how you know defending pedophiles is wrong, but you do it anyway.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 13, 2012, 02:54:28 AM
Completely agree. It's just the sheer stupidity of not understanding the consequences of one's actions that's astounding here.

Um they are infantry grunts not political scientists for fucksake.  Are you seriously astounded people act like this in a war zone?  You must be pretty easy to astound.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

No kidding.

You're in a 1 hour, 45-minute firefight with people actively trying to kill you and your friends.
You win.
Guess what:  you're going to be jacked up on adrenaline to an ungodly degree.  You're going to want to talk some smack.

Combat has different rules.  You can't complain to HR.

Now, can you comport yourself properly as a soldier?  Yes--at least you should on your own--and it also falls on the NCOs and junior officers to make sure you do.  But to not expect this sort of thing happening from time to time is unrealistic.

Urinating on some dead guys that just tried killing them.  BFD.  Wake me up when these Marines mow down a field full of POWs, like the Krauts, or burn down a church full of innocent civilians, like the Brits.

The Brain

I'm not peeing with people watching.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

All joking aside, this is unacceptable and the golden shower squad will have to do some hard time.

derspiess

I wonder what public opinion would be on this incident?  It'd be an interesting poll question for Gallup, that's for sure.  Even better if they added some what-ifs:  pooping on the enemy, teabagging him, etc.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway, I guess we should all be glad there wasn't menstrual blood involved-- that one really seems to set them off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

They are trained as soldiers, not as killers.