So what's the big fucking deal about Marines pissing on dead Taliban?

Started by CountDeMoney, January 12, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Even some teenage punks know better than to shoot video of their mischief.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: Zanza on January 13, 2012, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on January 13, 2012, 08:53:39 AM
Meh.  Show me a US Marine that isn't mean enough to piss on the corpse of an enemy he just killed & I'll show you a US Marine that needs to get drummed out.  They're trained killers, not the Girl Scouts...
They are trained as soldiers, not as killers.

You would probably get punched in the face for that if you said that to them in person. :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 09:45:41 AM
All joking aside, this is unacceptable and the golden shower squad will have to do some hard time.

Doubt it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:17:46 AM
Doubt it.

What do you figure will be the final result?

Show trial and drumed out unfortunately. I would put a $ donation to Languish on it.

Valmy

Isn't that sort of like saying they are trained as butchers, not as meat cutters?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:22:42 AM
Show trial and drumed out unfortunately. I would put a $ donation to Languish on it.

And if they went by the book?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:22:42 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:17:46 AM
Doubt it.

What do you figure will be the final result?

A dishonourable discharge...........in more ways than one  :lol:

That would be a pity, but posting that stuff on the internet.........maybe they wanted a fast track out of the corps?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on January 13, 2012, 02:48:29 AM
From the responses given, only HVC gets it. It has nothing to do with pissing off the Taliban or anyone else. It has everything to do with our self-image and maintaining a certain decorum we have created in the West around killing that allows us to call ourselves civilized and better than the "savages". It's for the same reason we give death row criminals the last meal and do not have public executions - this is a part of our "civilized" ways, there to convince us we are not like our enemies.

You may find it silly or hypocritical, but being blind to it or disregarding it as non-existent is just moronic.

:hmm:

I thought you were in Poland.

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2012, 10:23:03 AM

Isn't that sort of like saying they are trained as butchers, not as meat cutters?

Nope. It's the terms he is using.
Soldier = Army
Marines=Marines

I fuck with some of the knotheads at work and call them Naval Infantry. Also that thay are not a real branch of the military, so they answer to the Navy. There is no such thing as the Department of the Marine Corps. :D

11B4V

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:35:15 AM
Lets make a bet.

You're misunderstanding.  I'm deferring to your knowledge.  I was asking what you think the punishment would be if they followed the book.

I'd be happy to make a bet about something else though.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:34:47 AM
Nope. It's the terms he is using.
Soldier = Army
Marines=Marines

I fuck with some of the knotheads at work and call them Naval Infantry. Also that thay are not a real branch of the military, so they answer to the Navy. There is no such thing as the Department of the Marine Corps. :D

:lol:

Marines are so nuts about this crap.  What exactly do they think the term Marines means? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2012, 10:35:15 AM
Lets make a bet.

You're misunderstanding.  I'm deferring to your knowledge.  I was asking what you think the punishment would be if they followed the book.

I'd be happy to make a bet about something else though.

Well, we see at least; conduct unbecoming, disobeying a lawful order, indecent exposure...any one got anything else. I dont feel like browsing the UCMJ and Law of Land Warfare @ 0730 in the morning. :D

But why bother they wont do anytime in the big house as a result.

CountDeMoney

They'll all cop to it and get a Dishonorable Discharge out of it.  No jail time, just loss of career and benefits.