Pizza joint called me 'lady chinky eyes'

Started by garbon, January 09, 2012, 12:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Languish, are we so sadly aged that the quality of the pizza is more significant to us than the quality of the chinky-eyed lady?  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on January 09, 2012, 02:55:48 PM
Languish, are we so sadly aged that the quality of the pizza is more significant to us than the quality of the chinky-eyed lady?  :(

The yearbook thread went nowhere.  I think that answers your question.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 09, 2012, 02:56:50 PM

The yearbook thread went nowhere.  I think that answers your question.

It's all bedpans and Geritol from here ...  :weep:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza

Quote from: Ideologue on January 09, 2012, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: ZanzaWhen I lived there, I found "American" food like steaks with shrimps on top, clam chowder, bagles (we had this utterly awesome place right across the street), burgers, texmex food, hero sandwiches, Coldstone icecream, cheesecake etc. all much more a thing to remember than the pizza... [which] was too fatty.

Emphasis supplied. :rolleyes:
When I order a steak with shrimps, I don't expect a weight watcher's meal. When I order pizza, I don't expect to need to pat it dry before I can safely eat it.

Ideologue

Maybe I think it's crass to comment on what people look like.

But if it pleases you, she's all right, I'd fuck her chinky face in.  And I'd eat Papa John's afterwards.  "Olives, olives, olives--yeah, that's triple olives.  Jalapenos."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on January 09, 2012, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 09, 2012, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: ZanzaWhen I lived there, I found "American" food like steaks with shrimps on top, clam chowder, bagles (we had this utterly awesome place right across the street), burgers, texmex food, hero sandwiches, Coldstone icecream, cheesecake etc. all much more a thing to remember than the pizza... [which] was too fatty.

Emphasis supplied. :rolleyes:
When I order a steak with shrimps, I don't expect a weight watcher's meal. When I order pizza, I don't expect to need to pat it dry before I can safely eat it.

I'm guessing this is that New York stuff with its foldy crust.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

:rolleyes: People who feel the need to pat dry their pizza disgust me.  It's made of cheese, Jesus, cheese is supposed to be fatty.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2012, 03:46:39 PM
:rolleyes: People who feel the need to pat dry their pizza disgust me.  It's made of cheese, Jesus, cheese is supposed to be fatty.
there's fatty and then there's greasy. Don't think i've ever patted down a slice, but there are times when i'll eat just one slice not to be a dick and then pass on the seconds.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

I've never felt any wish to have pizza in America. I love American food.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 09, 2012, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2012, 03:46:39 PM
there's fatty and then there's greasy. Don't think i've ever patted down a slice, but there are times when i'll eat just one slice not to be a dick and then pass on the seconds.

Cheese gets greasy when melted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

The best pizza I ever tasted, and in fact the pizza ranked consistently near the very top in NYC, is quite greasy-looking, especially right after it comes out of the oven.  It's not just fat from cheese, it's also olive oil.  Good plain pizza will not taste greasy, the tomato paste should neutralize the taste of greasiness.

crazy canuck

The best pizza has olive oil on it.  People that feel the need to "wipe off" their pizza simply dont understand what they are eating.

HVC

The places i've had greasy pizza at would definitely not be putting olive oil on it :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2012, 04:01:05 PM
The best pizza I ever tasted, and in fact the pizza ranked consistently near the very top in NYC, is quite greasy-looking, especially right after it comes out of the oven.  It's not just fat from cheese, it's also olive oil.  Good plain pizza will not taste greasy, the tomato paste should neutralize the taste of greasiness.

I hate this who calling cheese pizza a "plain pizza".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 04:13:18 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2012, 04:01:05 PM

I hate this who calling cheese pizza a "plain pizza".

I think that's appropriate.
Kinemalogue