News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America, but better

Started by viper37, January 07, 2012, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 10, 2012, 12:00:52 PM
If Canadians want to build an identity of their own, they should look toward the future, not the past.

Canadians already have this...but if they didn't I am not certain what you mean here.  Building an identity based on vague national aspirations?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quebec will be reborn, either in this world, or in space.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on January 10, 2012, 12:00:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 09, 2012, 05:30:58 PM
Since this has been part of the Canadian identity since Canada has been a country one wonders which of us wishes Canadians used a "false" identity. ;)
Canada has been a semi-country since 1932.  Before that, it was a full British Colony.  In 1982, all provinces of Canada decided to be a real country, with their own Constitution, and the first gesture was to severly limit the powers the British Monarchy held over Canada.

I tought it was an important date for Canadians, but I guess the 1812 war is more important after all, as we will soon see ;)
Rolleyes.  Bigtime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive