Started by garbon, January 05, 2012, 01:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

There are three of them..........but we only have 2 feet  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 21, 2013, 07:19:24 PM
There are three of them..........but we only have 2 feet  :hmm:

Yes must be confusing for Garbon.

I only remembered the order of the pedals, by invoking 'muscle memory', even after all of these years.

What has got me confused, is remembering using 'heel and toe', but for the life of me I can't at this moment recall why.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Pedals are in the same order as manuals with the wheel on the proper side, but the shifting is all fucked up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Richard Hakluyt

I only managed a dozen or so lessons, then gave up because it was so irritating; if Garbon wants a driver then I'm afraid i can't help  :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on March 21, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
Pedals are in the same order as manuals with the wheel on the proper side, but the shifting is all fucked up.

A lot of put-put-putting in 3rd?  :D

mongers

To be fair, on some Italian cars the shifting is pretty fucked up, also I recall one or two french cars being odd. 

Though nothing beats that dashboard mounted shifter in things like Renault 4 etc.   :frog:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2013, 07:32:06 PM
Though nothing beats that dashboard mounted shifter in things like Renault 4 etc.   :frog:

Three on the tree is pretty easy IMO.

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 07:30:52 PM

A lot of put-put-putting in 3rd?  :D

The old "start in 2nd and hope to find 3rd" routine.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Agreed with booking a train many years in advance and stopping in York for a few hours.
As I said in the post many years ago Durham is worth a stop too, its on the same London-Edinburgh mainline.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 21, 2013, 07:30:25 PM
I only managed a dozen or so lessons, then gave up because it was so irritating; if Garbon wants a driver then I'm afraid i can't help  :(

Weird, I could have sworn you had been a driver. 

Richard Hakluyt

A visit to Durham is probably in order if one is going up the East Coast main line anyway  :cool:

Ed Anger

Garb should go to a Millwall home game.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 07:33:26 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

Three on the tree is pretty easy IMO.

You're forgetting this would be taking place within an old French car, with all the attendant peculiarities.   :P

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 07:36:58 PM

My elder brother-in-law is a Millwall supporter, they could have a grand day out  :cool:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 21, 2013, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 07:36:58 PM

My elder brother-in-law is a Millwall supporter, they could have a grand day out  :cool:

They can smash the face in of visiting fans. Hooliganism unites people.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive