Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I just want to be in the room with her.  :wub:  I'd behave.  :blush:

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 10:45:24 PM
Reds need to find some offense or they're tucked.  Sure their pitching is great right now but with run production like this they'll get swept in the divisional series like they did 2 years ago.

Anyway the Cards need to find a way to beat Atlanta.

What I'm counting on.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 30, 2012, 09:19:41 PM
:blink: The Orioles plane caught fire and had to make an emergency landing:

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/9/30/3435488/baltimore-orioles-plane-fire-emergency
So, if they all had died, I know there's a procedure in place to draft a replacement team from the remaining 29 teams. Does that happen immediately? Held off to the end of the season?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 07:59:52 PM
Interesting angle from Jim Caple at ESPN.

He has a good point. However, had they won and the yankees lost, they would have 2 games to get to round 2, now they just have 1. Hopefully they pull it out, nothing against the rangers but they aren't playing good ball down the stretch.

Initially I liked the new playoff format, but now that it is here...getting knocked out of the playoffs in 1 game is harsh...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2012, 10:51:54 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 30, 2012, 09:19:41 PM
:blink: The Orioles plane caught fire and had to make an emergency landing:

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/9/30/3435488/baltimore-orioles-plane-fire-emergency
So, if they all had died, I know there's a procedure in place to draft a replacement team from the remaining 29 teams. Does that happen immediately? Held off to the end of the season?

Call up the entire Norfolk Tides from Triple-A to kick your ass for even thinking that.

derspiess

Yeah.  Is that how Tim's mind works when the Red Sox are doing so shitty?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: alfred russel on October 03, 2012, 10:53:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 07:59:52 PM
Interesting angle from Jim Caple at ESPN.

He has a good point. However, had they won and the yankees lost, they would have 2 games to get to round 2, now they just have 1.

But they would have had to win them both, instead of just one.

EDIT: Wait nevermind.  The first wouldn't be  a playoff game, just a positioning game to decide if they were wildcard or division winner.

In news about me, I was in two fantasy baseball leagues this year (EUOT and the Bethesda forums) and I won them both.   :showoff:

MadBurgerMaker

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 11:12:40 PM
Yeah.  Is that how Tim's mind works when the Red Sox are doing so shitty?
Timmys Douchebaggery knows no bounds.

Syt

Pirates finish with best result since 1992, but still negative. Still, the fans gave A.J. Burnett and McCutchen standing ovations when they were taken out of the game.

Oh, and it was also Chipper Jones' last regular season game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

1st triple crown winner in 45 years.
Almost had two Cabreras winning the batting titles. Instead Buster Posey won it for Gints.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on October 03, 2012, 11:15:00 PM
In news about me, I was in two fantasy baseball leagues this year (EUOT and the Bethesda forums) and I won them both.   :showoff:
In LFBBL news, we're still waiting on an even number of teams to begin our draft. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: katmai on October 03, 2012, 11:42:27 PM
1st triple crown winner in 45 years.

And the first since the 69 expansion.   Winning it in 14 team league is an extraordinary feat.
Too bad for him Trout still had a better year.

QuoteAlmost had two Cabreras winning the batting titles. Instead Buster Posey won it for Gints.

good for him, but I was rooting for Melky just b/c for the giggles over the embarassment it would cause MLB.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 04, 2012, 08:52:09 AM
And the first since the 69 expansion.   Winning it in 14 team league is an extraordinary feat.
Too bad for him Trout still had a better year.

I think Miguel can live with a division championship and the Triple Crown.  Trout can have the consolation prize.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."