News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

I personally could care less whether the Dodgers were located in Brooklyn, LA or Madagascar.  O'Malley was a businessman and he used hardball tactics to get the best deal, nothing wrong with that (he would take a similar approach with his business partner, Branch Rickey).  But he and his supporters should be (have been) honest about what happened and not played the reluctant martyr.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

A team in Madagascar wouldn't be viable because scheduling would be a nightmare. No air travel, ports closing every time a child sneezed...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

In the midst of the Fantasy Baseball Championship Series my line-up pulled off a 4/49-0-0-0-0-.500 (OPS) line tonight. :bleeding:

sbr

Homer Bailey is 3 outs from throwing a no-hitter for the Reds.

CountDeMoney

Homer's looking a bit nervous.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Good for Homer Bailey.  Always gotta root for the no-hitter when it's gone that far.

Valmy

Man I cannot believe this.  90 wins :w00t:

I just...man not sure what to say.  Got to win the these last five to have any chance of winning the East though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Been a long time since 90 wins.

I don't know how deep these birds can go, but what the hell.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

WHY THE BUCK NOT

Syt

Good for Bailey. :)

Still, here's to another losing season for the Pirates (No, I don't think they'll win the last five games). :(

I'm rooting for Baltimore in the playoffs. They're my #3 team behind Bucs and Mariners. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I have no real feelings about the Orioles, but they are definitely my AL team this fall.  Of course, I would root for a team managed by Ahmandinejad rather than the Yankees, but I like this Baltimore squad.

Cardinals über alles though, of course.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 29, 2012, 12:24:22 AM
Cardinals über alles though, of course.

Tony LaRussa is gone. :(  My Cardinal support is voided.

Valmy

With four games to go the Birds and Bombers are tied!  :yeah:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

CountDeMoney

The Orioles will have their hands full in Tampa Bay, but I have a feeling Boston may pull it together for a series, if only to piss on the Yankees' post-season parade.

Still have today to go through yet.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2012, 10:54:27 AM
The Orioles will have their hands full in Tampa Bay, but I have a feeling Boston may pull it together for a series, if only to piss on the Yankees' post-season parade.

Still have today to go through yet.

It all comes down to these last three games.  Rays vs. Birds.  They can still crash this party  :ph34r: