News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Giants look to be going up 8.5 games with 18 to go. Feeling good about that lead way Dodgers have folded up here in Sep.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 14, 2012, 09:48:58 PM
Feeling good about that lead way Dodgers have folded up here in Sep.

Yeah, bit surprised with that.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2012, 10:12:21 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 14, 2012, 09:48:58 PM
Feeling good about that lead way Dodgers have folded up here in Sep.

Yeah, bit surprised with that.

Why?  They took on the core of one of the worst, spineless teams in recent history.  You cut the cancer out of a patient and put it back into another person it ain't going away.

CountDeMoney

Well, shit.  Fucking Oaktown.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2012, 05:21:30 AM
Well, shit.  Fucking Oaktown.

Yeah I was not happy to see them on the schedule at all.  Fortunately only two more games until the birds get Seattle and Britton goes tonight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Man so glad they got out of that with a win.  Now they should be able to gain some ground.  COME ON BIRDS!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

katmai

Don't mistake M's as auto wins Valmy.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on September 16, 2012, 08:32:00 PM
Don't mistake M's as auto wins Valmy.

Oh I am not.  But they sure as hell are not the A's.  Oakland is on fire.

And even if the M's give the Orioles problems after that they have the Jays and Red Sox and the Orioles have done really well against them this year.

MadBurgerMaker

What the....what the hell is this?  Oakland is only 3 games back now?  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Despite his late game heroics recently, Manny Machado still has to go through the rookie hazing ritual of wearing a tutu for the road trip.

Valmy

Hell of a win last night...er....this morning eh CdM?  And delivered by former Texas Longhorn Catcher Taylor Teagarden no less.  Tied for first again!  I stayed up to see the ninth inning comeback but that was all I had.

Magical number is: 16.

CountDeMoney

I couldn't hang, man.  :lol:  Said fuck it, the alarm will go off at 6am, and I'll find out then.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and because of having to burn through the entire bullpen, they're sending up mega-prospect Bundy.

QuoteIn the wake of the 18-inning game Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, the Orioles reportedly have made a special call for additional pitching depth. Fox Sports is reporting that top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy is headed for Seattle and could be there in time for tonight's series finale against the Mariners at Safeco Field.

The plan was for Bundy to be shut down after his playoff appearance for the Bowie Baysox and sent to Instructional League in Florida, but team officials obviously decided that whatever innings he might pitch down in Florida would be of more value to the major league club.

Bundy gave up one run on six hits over six innings in his final minor league start on Sept. 5 and pitched a total of 109 2/3 innings at three levels in his first professional season. He was a combined 9-3 with a 2.08 ERA at Delmarva, Frederick and Bowie during the regular season and was recently named to the Baseball America Minor League All-Star Team.

The Orioles had him on strict pitch and innings limits throughout the year and he finished well short of the 130 innings that club officials hinted at during spring training. He was working out at the club's Sarasota training site, but had not pitched in game action since the Double-A playoffs.

Talk about trial by fire.

Syt

QuotePittsburgh has lost 14 of 18 and 20 of 27 to drop to 74-74, the first time they have been at .500 since they were 26-26 on June 2. The Pirates, who fell 4 1-2 games behind the Cardinals, have had 19 consecutive losing seasons, a major North American professional sports record.

"We haven't played well and it's been for a while," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "So, you know, we had earned the position we were in before; we've earned this position as well. The season's 162 games for a reason."

:weep:

EDIT: Post Quadruple-8!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Giants magic numba is cinco.