News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

LOL, game ended on an attempted steal.  Too funny.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on September 20, 2012, 03:06:28 AM
Giants magic numba is cinco.

This is the part of the season that, while exciting at times, seems to slow down to a crawl. 

I conceded the NL Central to the Reds long ago, but would like to see the Cards increase their 2 game lead for the second wild card spot.  Would like to see the Giants win the West since they're my dad's team, so consequently with that and the Cards' wild card hopes I want the Dodgers to lose all of the rest of their games :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 05:42:21 AM
LOL, game ended on an attempted steal.  Too funny.

Sweep!

Orioles magic number is: 15 but the Yanks are 14 so something has to give.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2012, 09:21:30 AM

I conceded the NL Central to the Reds long ago

Speaking of the Reds, I felt the earth shift as everybody in Southwestern Ohio jumped back onto the Reds bandwagon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2012, 11:27:47 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2012, 09:21:30 AM

I conceded the NL Central to the Reds long ago

Speaking of the Reds, I felt the earth shift as everybody in Southwestern Ohio jumped back onto the Reds bandwagon.

Yep.  Before and after games the streets here downtown are jammed with idiots from the boonies who have no idea how to drive in a city.  Every day someone in my office is wearing a Reds shirt.  You'd never know football season had begun.  People really love their Reds now, though they all still seem to hate Dusty Baker.

Will be fun when it all comes to an abrupt halt in the division series :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

QuoteThis was the CliffsNotes version of the Pirates' entire season: start slow, surge in the middle, fade at the end.

If you saw Thursday's game at PNC Park, you saw all 149 of them.

With left-hander Wandy Rodriguez tendering his poorest and briefest of 10 starts for Pittsburgh, the Pirates fell into an early four-run hole to the Brewers, roared back out of it to take a three-run lead into the eighth -- then had their bullpen give it all back for a crushing 9-7 defeat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

In more positive news, my retro-White Sox jersey arrived.

In total my collection to date is:

Authentic:

Replica (all without number/name):

I plan on ordering an orange-on-black Orioles jersey. I'm going for authentic, so it comes with the Camden Yards anniversary and City of Baltimore sleeve patches (the replicas don't have those).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Okay collection, but needs more Cardinals.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 21, 2012, 10:10:40 AM

No kidding.

And fuck that new Padres stuff, need more shitty late 70's/early 80's Padres.

Chocolate Ozzie love, man.

sbr

Ozzie made one of the most amazing plays EVAR in the white version of that uni.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwNNqgrKOM

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2012, 10:33:00 AM
And fuck that new Padres stuff, need more shitty late 70's/early 80's Padres.

If you're going late 70s, you have to go Astros.

Or go with a nice nice vintage Royals in powder blue - back when they were, you know, good.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

On a related, but not baseball, note, I've been contemplating trying to find an old Thrashers jersey, which might be fun to wear to a game now and then. :hmm:

Not sure how hard it'd be to find.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on September 21, 2012, 10:10:40 AM

Not gonna happen.

The old Astros/Padres are on my shortlist.

Also: Giants, A's, Royals.

Excluded by default are Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cardinals.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

You need an Expos powder blue shirt. That's the way to go.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I know - they're expensive, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould