News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:46:52 PM
No mention of the Orioles' win over the Yankees?  Have you all lost interest already or forget about baseball while football is on?

Ooh, they beat Sabathia that is a huge win.

Um I watched it but I have to watch it on my computer and today I was carrying around a one month old all day.  Both of those things made it hard to come here and type.  Huge win and I was a nervous wreck the whole time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2012, 11:45:10 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:46:52 PM
No mention of the Orioles' win over the Yankees?  Have you all lost interest already or forget about baseball while football is on?

Ooh, they beat Sabathia that is a huge win.

Um I watched it but I have to watch it on my computer and today I was carrying around a one month old all day.  Both of those things made it hard to come here and type.  Huge win and I was a nervous wreck the whole time.

Infants make it damn hard to watch sports, don't they.  There was the nice little Calgary-Edmonton Labour Day rematch yesterday that was on my TV, but I barely caught due to the 2 month old. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I don't wanna talk about it  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

I don't want to talk about it, either.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Orioles have made two roster moves today, selecting the contracts of outfielders Endy Chavez and L.J. Hoes from Triple-A Norfolk. To make room on the 40-man roster, they have designated right-hander Kevin Gregg and infielder Ryan Adams for assignment.

Valmy

Huge series.  Gotta take 2 out of 3 or the Birds might be in trouble.  Then Oakland...dear God what a schedule.

Valmy

FIRST PLACE AGAIN!  O-R-I-O-L-E-S!!!

But wow I sure hope Hammel is ok he was pitching great to  :(

CountDeMoney

He's gonna get an MRI today, but it didn't sound good from the radio sports guys this AM.  May be down for a while.

CountDeMoney

Another fucking nailbiter.

Oh, and Manny Machado is a defensive god.

CountDeMoney

Woot, there it is.

Gotta watch the highlights, V.

katmai

If the Dodgers with all their moves after trading deadline miss the wildcard It will be so sweet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2012, 09:45:38 PM
Woot, there it is.

Gotta watch the highlights, V.

I actually watched the game on TV since it was on ESPN2 :yeah:

It was so awesome to see all the Orioles fans back and Camden Yards rocking again :cry: I hope one of their games on the weekend is on soon so I can see it really packed just like back in the day.

And somehow when it was late in the game tied I just knew they were going to win it. 

Valmy

It took awhile but the O's took the brooms to the Rays.  Hopefully by the time the Birds play them again in October it will be meaningless.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2012, 06:57:29 PM
It took awhile but the O's took the brooms to the Rays.  Hopefully by the time the Birds play them again in October it will be meaningless.

It was more than a sweep;  it guaranteed their first non-losing season since the Clinton Administration.

Today was a very good day.

CountDeMoney

Yankees and CC already took it on the chin from the Rays.  Late night on the left coast for the Baby Birds.