News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

That team relied on Powell and Frank Robinson to supply all the three run homers.  It was mostly about defense and pitching and since that was a crazy pitching dominated era that was a sound strategy.

Though Paul Blair was the only decent fielding outfielder.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 01, 2012, 03:48:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 03:33:01 PM
I may try to go to an Indians game this season.  Of all the stadiums I've been to thus far, I've never seen a baseball game in Cleveland
I'll be going July 22nd, 23rd, and 24th (O's twice, Tigers once).  It's a nice stadium, though my experience is a bit limited.  Be sure to swing by Your Dad's Beer for some amusing throwback options that are cheap for a stadium.

Just purely out of curiosity, do you know what other dates The Tribe ticket vouchers are good for?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 04:14:47 PM
Just purely out of curiosity, do you know what other dates The Tribe ticket vouchers are good for?
Fri, May 4   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Sat, May 5   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Sun, May 6   1:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Mon, May 7   1:05 pm   
Indians vs Chicago White Sox
Mon, May 7   7:05 pm   
Tue, May 8   7:05 pm   
Wed, May 9   7:05 pm   
Wed, May 16   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Seattle Mariners
Thu, May 17   12:05 pm   
Indians vs Seattle Mariners
Fri, May 18   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Miami Marlins
Sat, May 19   4:05 pm   
Indians vs Miami Marlins
Sun, May 20   1:05 pm   
Indians vs Miami Marlins
Tue, May 22   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Detroit Tigers
Wed, May 23   7:05 pm   
Thu, May 24   12:05 pm   
Mon, May 28   4:05 pm   
Indians vs Kansas City Royals
Tue, May 29   7:05 pm   
Wed, May 30   12:05 pm   
Sun, Jun 3   3:05 pm   
Indians vs Minnesota Twins
Mon, Jul 2   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Los Angeles Angels
Tue, Jul 3   7:05 pm   
Wed, Jul 4   4:05 pm   
Thu, Jul 5   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Tampa Bay Rays
Sun, Jul 8   1:05 pm   
Indians vs Tampa Bay Rays
Sun, Jul 22   3:05 pm   
Indians vs Baltimore Orioles
Mon, Jul 23   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Baltimore Orioles
Tue, Jul 24   7:05 pm   
Wed, Jul 25   7:05 pm   
Thu, Jul 26   7:05 pm   
Mon, Aug 6   7:05 pm   
Tue, Aug 7   7:05 pm   
Wed, Aug 8   12:05 pm   
Mon, Aug 27   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Oakland Athletics
Tue, Aug 28   7:05 pm   
Wed, Aug 29   7:05 pm   
Thu, Aug 30   12:05 pm   
Fri, Aug 31   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Sat, Sep 1   7:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Sun, Sep 2   1:05 pm   
Indians vs Texas Rangers
Sun, Sep 16   3:05 pm   
Tue, Sep 18   7:05 pm   
Wed, Sep 19   7:05 pm   
Thu, Sep 20   12:05 pm   
Fri, Sep 28   7:05 pm   
Sat, Sep 29   7:05 pm   
Sun, Sep 30   1:05 pm   
Mon, Oct 1   7:05 pm   
Tue, Oct 2   7:05 pm   
Wed, Oct 3   7:05 pm   
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

So it's pretty much the whole season?  Sweet.  For my, I mean my kids', Reds Heads vouchers, the dates are very limited.

Might be worth joining The Tribe just for the tickets.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 01, 2012, 02:07:46 PM
and I didn't want to bandwagon onto a popular team, so I narrowed it down to two teams in need of fans: the Tigers and the Royals.

Why not the Braves?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 01, 2012, 02:33:05 PM
Matt Williams with John McGraw 2nd Duh Derspicy.

:rolleyes:  Those guys weren't Cardinals.

Terry Pendleton is top 5 for sure.

stjaba

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2012, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 01, 2012, 02:07:46 PM
and I didn't want to bandwagon onto a popular team, so I narrowed it down to two teams in need of fans: the Tigers and the Royals.

Why not the Braves?  :lol:

The Braves bandwagon was already quite full when BA made his fandom choice. The Braves had tons of fans in the 1990s due to their success and their national cable tv presence on TBS.

Eddie Teach

The Braves don't have that many fans, being a mid-sized market in football country. Even during their string of division winning seasons they rarely sold out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I'm Cards fan simply because it's the closest team.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Johnny Bench was mean to me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2012, 06:32:21 PM
The Braves don't have that many fans, being a mid-sized market in football country. Even during their string of division winning seasons they rarely sold out.

Whether or not they sell out their home games, the Braves pretty much own the South.  Their market is huge.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2012, 07:15:58 PM
I'm Cards fan simply because it's the closest team.

People assume I'm from St. Louis when I tell them I'm a Cards fan.  I was a Reds fan until age 11, when I switched allegiances after having seen the Cards play so many times in Cincy.  Plus I had bandwagoned a bit with the '82 team that won the Series.  My first trip to St. Louis in 1986 pretty much sealed the deal.

But I still get strange looks from people who think I should be a Reds fan.  Especially these days with all the bad blood between the Reds and Cards.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2012, 07:22:55 PM

I'll give the finger to his new statue at the stadium, on your behalf.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 07:45:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2012, 07:22:55 PM

I'll give the finger to his new statue at the stadium, on your behalf.

Thank You. Please eat at one of Dave Parker's Popeye chicken joints. He is Marge's million dollar nigger.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Carlos Beltran is a friggin' stud.  Through the first three innings vs. Pittsburgh he's 3 for 3 with 2 HR and 7 RBI.  Cards are up 12-1.

Pittsburgh :lol: