News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I was rather pleasantly surprised when I stepped in 50-59 AB last week and there were only a couple death knights. 10 months ago they would have been over half the bg population.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Berkut on January 27, 2010, 10:51:06 AM
Talk about the ultimate WoW flavor of the month class.
More like Flavor of the Year.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

I thought they hit a rather nice "keep everyone happy" model. New content is damn hard, which keeps the hardcore competing, which drives buzz and interest, even if 96% of the people are not involved in that race at all. They may not be involved, but they do care, at least some of them.

Then, a few months later, they just start dumbing it all down. Remove entrance requirements, lower "nearly as good" epic costs so you can get into the next level dungeon without having to do the previous necessarily, etc., etc.

The hardcore is a little annoyed because now everyone is running around with the Black Bow of the Betrayer, but hey, there is another dungeon that you are trying to be server first on, so who really cares?

Dude that was the model pre LK.

Now it's all about the achivements of doing raids with  x amount of people or without killing some such  sub boss.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lndhand

Well - guild can now cruise through Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Gunships, Saurfang and Festergut -- then we hit Rotface.  WTF.  LOL
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

New dungeons are hard in the "I've never done this before" sense.

What sucks I think for the "hard core" folks is that in order to do the dungeon on heroic, which is the closest to the difficulty most remember from BC, you have to fully clear the dungeon on regular. (raids only)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on February 01, 2010, 09:27:06 PM
New dungeons are hard in the "I've never done this before" sense.

What sucks I think for the "hard core" folks is that in order to do the dungeon on heroic, which is the closest to the difficulty most remember from BC, you have to fully clear the dungeon on regular. (raids only)

Are you still playing on Lightninghoof? I've just seen you on the one time, and you popped in for like 5 minutes.

Caliga

And I fucking hate Death Knights. They are basically unstoppable at the 58-62 levels with their insanely awesome gear they are handed for nothing. Talk about the ultimate WoW flavor of the month class.
I thought the basic idea with the DK class was that, as a hero class, it was a reward for longtime players.... and wasn't supposed to be balanced at the low levels (just at the level cap).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2010, 06:22:43 AM
And I fucking hate Death Knights. They are basically unstoppable at the 58-62 levels with their insanely awesome gear they are handed for nothing. Talk about the ultimate WoW flavor of the month class.
I thought the basic idea with the DK class was that, as a hero class, it was a reward for longtime players.... and wasn't supposed to be balanced at the low levels (just at the level cap).
At level 80 I don't think DKs are over powered. I used to think so at first, but I think DKs are pretty evenly matched in pvp.

Lndhand

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2010, 06:22:43 AM

I think you are correct.  At 80th, they really balance out as compared to other 80's.  Before that though, they are nasty.  However, with a bloodied arcanite reaper, my ret pally never died to one while leveling in the BC zones. 

Eddie Teach

Lndhand

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2010, 03:22:57 PM
Well, pallies are beasts.  :D

I would say its more situation awareness.  I rarely get surprised as I am constantly looking around (my V key reverses my camera and I hit it a lot out of habit now).  Thus, I would typically open up with a stun, which rarely got trinketed out of since most people don't equip their pvp trinket while questing.  On the rare occasion I did get ganked, I would simply bubble and re-set the fight.  Pallies level out at 80 as well because the burst is less effective with the massive hit point pools people can get at that level. 

Lndhand

I have been playing my shadow priest now since the pally is triumph badged out.  Wow - they are nasty now that haste affects dots.  Too much fun. 

Martinus

Hey guys I have a question. I am starting to level my rogue PvP "twink" (in quotation marks as I intend to level him all the way to 80, just want to do it mainly through PvP and supplement with dungeons) and for PvP I am wondering: should I go two daggers and get one PvP BoA dagger and one PvE BoA one (cant get two PvP BoA daggers as they are unique-equip) or go the PvP BoA dagger and another PvP BoA weapon (most likely the sword as I already have it on my warrior)?

Having two daggers is obviously more fun due to being able to do all the backstab etc. moves, but I lose some resilience from the PvP sword this way.

Eddie Teach

Depends on what build you're running. For mutilate, you obviously need both daggers. For a subtlety build focusing on ambush/backstab, you'll need a dagger mainhand. For a hemo or combat build, you'll want a slower MH weapon. Offhand type doesn't matter that much, but faster is generally better(more poison procs).