News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The new quest UI pretty much has all the functions of Quest Helper, except the HUD-style stuff appearing on your game screen (like an arrow directing you to a quest location) and the quest locations displaying on the mini map in the upper right corner of the screen. But all quests locations etc. are showed on the game map and you can scale this map as well to appear on your game screen without occupying the entire screen.

Eddie Teach

They have dual specs in game, right? I forgot how to use it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2009, 01:50:56 PM

If you spent the 1000 gold to open up 2nd spec then you can switch back n forth iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

KRonn

When you open your talents screen, you'll see tabs on the side of the screen where you can select your other talent spec. You can switch back and forth as you want, though maybe not in an instance run, not sure on that.

Lndhand

I am putting together a 10-man ToC run (normal mode).  I have two tanks lined up (me and Stonie), one healer, and one dps.  If anyone here is interested in running, shoot me a tell in game or an email address so I can include you in the planning.  Strix - I see you on quite a bit - love to have you heal or dps. 
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

katmai

Well my account is still active, but i haven't run any instances in 8 months so not sure how much help I could be as dps or heals :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lndhand

Kat -- your inherent lewtness would be a boon to the raid.   :hug:
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Jaron

Quote from: KRonn on December 29, 2009, 02:33:41 PM
When you open your talents screen, you'll see tabs on the side of the screen where you can select your other talent spec. You can switch back and forth as you want, though maybe not in an instance run, not sure on that.

You can switch as long as you're not in combat.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Got a ten day trial, been playing a little bit.

A couple things I miss about WoW:

1. PvP. Had a great time killing a rogue over and over again while he tried to interfere with me compelting a quest. Have to admire his persistence - I think I killed him 8 times. Ran AB and WG a few times, did ok.

2. Grouping. The new LFG tool is awesome - you can actually run lower level dungeons! What a nice way to break up the leveling grind.

Div Mk2 is up to level 37!

I don't know if I will keep playing once my ten days runs out though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Well, I'm back. Haven't seen a whole lot of activity on Lightninghoof. Where y'all at?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Looks like they have the LFG function working.  Now maybe the can turn out a new game now that they have figured out all the interface that should have been in this one.

Barrister

Wow.  Over a week since someone posted in this thread.

Since I foolishly still have my WoW subscription going (I'm going to cancel it tonight), is anyone still playing on the Hoof that could really use some gold?  I've quit and come back to WoW so many times that I'm certainly not going to liquidate my characters, but I think I have over 1000g if someone could really use it (of course if you're just going to sit on it I might as well keep it in case I come back).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

I ama ctually playing again, and having a pretty good time leveling my Hunter. I see people in the Languish channel from time to time, so it isn't completely dead.

I have no idea if I will stay with it though.

I am kicking around the idea of selling my Eve accounts.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2010, 01:40:09 PM
Wow.  Over a week since someone posted in this thread.

There were 5 people in Languish channel last night. Though I think me and Berkut were the only ones who post regularly.