And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lndhand

Quote from: Liep on December 17, 2009, 02:34:25 PM
Quote from: Lndhand on December 17, 2009, 02:18:35 PM
All in all 3.3 has been a great patch imo.  As a tank, I get 5 man heroic groups in 10 to 15 seconds.  The bonus triumph badges for using the LFG system is icing on the cake.  The 3 new ICC 5 drop some really nice loot based on the loot tables.  The first 2 are nice runs, I have not run the third one yet. 

They're all nice. And the 3rd one will be a treat for you as a tank, success will depend on whether your group understands LoS or not. :p

I ran it last night for the first time -- I see what you mean.   :D  My dps and healer was excellent.  We made it through with only 2 deaths and I managed to land the 232 tanking necklace out of the chest.  Woot! 
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

katmai

glad to hear things are exciting with new patch.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lndhand

katmai

Quote from: Lndhand on December 18, 2009, 01:09:46 PM
We miss you man!!!

last few times i've logged in, no one has been on :P

granted this was before the 3.3 patch
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lndhand

I am on quite a bit now that the patch has come out.  I am actually raiding (primarily 10 man) on a regular basis for the first time -- I am enjoying it immensely.  Normally, I avoid raiding like the plague. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Well, I've reupped for the next week, as Blizz gave me a free one. Not sure if I'll go past that yet.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2009, 02:41:57 AM
Well, I've reupped for the next week, as Blizz gave me a free one. Not sure if I'll go past that yet.

WTH, I want a free week!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

Be a cool kid! Come join Nesingwary's newest 80 DK!  :showoff:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Ok gotta say it, if you feel even remotely like leveling a new char, the new LFG tool simply makes it a great experience. I am a level 20 human mage and already been twice to SFK and once to RFC (yeah, you heard it right), each time getting a group within like 30-60 seconds from joining the tool.

There is this new feature where if you sign up for a "random" dungeon (as opposed to a specific one), it sends you to a random dungeon in your level range, and if you kill the last boss, you get extra xp, some gold and a blue item in a special bag (it essentially counts as a "daily" - but at low level you can redo it). Between this and the ability to get xp through BGs, it is no longer necessary to do the old quest grind, where you had to travel across the world to do some quests say in the night elf area before returning to Westfall because you couldn't do these quests before.

Blizzard once again manages to improve the game in a great way.

Eddie Teach

If you do choose to do the quests, they now have quest info built into the map.

I've been less than enthused about the LFG tool so far.

Caliga

So Eddie, does that just mean QuestHelper is built into vanilla now?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Could be. They show a list of all the quests you have in a zone and mark their locations by number on the map. They also have quest info built into the mobs. If you hover over one you need, it will display the quest name.

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2009, 08:25:32 AM
Could be. They show a list of all the quests you have in a zone and mark their locations by number on the map. They also have quest info built into the mobs. If you hover over one you need, it will display the quest name.
Those quest changes have been nice, very handy/helpful.  The LFG tool is good, easy to get groups fast, or to fill out a guild group when needed, etc.