News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, what are we doing for New Year's Eve?

Started by CountDeMoney, December 30, 2011, 10:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Syt on December 31, 2011, 01:00:28 PM
I have no inclination to go out into the streets that are filled with drunks and tourists come to spend their New Year's in Vienna (WTF, Italians?). At least, the loud firecrackers are banned from sale in 2013, and their use becomes forbidden in 2017. The last two weeks of the year usually sound like the 3rd Ukrainian Front is launching its attack again.

I don't really get it, but the Eyeties also invade Paris for NYE every year. We should ask Pedrito what's up with that.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 31, 2011, 02:05:33 PM
A bit like Syt, except that Parisians get as a "bonus" free public transport from today 17:00 to tomorrow 12:00 which means suburban scum on the prowl during the whole night.
So I stay home with familty for some port, champagne (REAL ONE) and cakes.

Bostonians are getting free subway, bus, and regional rail after 8:00pm, and rush-hour service during the night.  :frog:

For Martinus's sake, Americans live to get fucked up in public on New Year's Eve.  House parties are fun (though I've been at more than one where an ambulance was called...), but the bars and clubs are full of amateurs looking for trouble.  One of my last roommates in Philadelphia blacked out and fell down an entire flight of stairs at a gay club and landed on his mouth.   :pinch:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

fhdz

The woman and I are gonna go see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy then head out for a late dinner at this killer tapas place...then probably a mini-bar crawl 'til midnight?
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Bars around here are bad enough on regular Saturdays.  I sure as hell wouldn't go to one on New Year's Eve.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

szmik

playing family boardgames with .... family
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Eddie Teach

I am such a lightweight. Maybe 3 shots worth of Brandy and I am dizzy as hell.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 31, 2011, 05:13:37 PM
I am such a lightweight. Maybe 3 shots worth of Brandy and I am dizzy as hell.  :blush:

You drinking it straight up or with Coke or what?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

sbr

Little early for that isn't it?

2 NYEs ago I went to a friends house and got too drunk too early and passed out before midnight.  I also may or may not have smoked something from a pipe after getting drunk and may or may not have thrown up all over my friend's bathroom while the ball was dropping.

Capetan Mihali

I got the drunk dial to signal that it is officially New Year's in Türkiye.  Şerefe!  :cheers:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2011, 05:20:12 PM
I also may or may not have smoked something from a pipe after getting drunk and may or may not have thrown up all over my friend's bathroom while the ball was dropping.

PCP's a hell of a drug.

sbr

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 31, 2011, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2011, 05:20:12 PM
I also may or may not have smoked something from a pipe after getting drunk and may or may not have thrown up all over my friend's bathroom while the ball was dropping.

PCP's a hell of a drug.

:lol:  i'm not that hardcore

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 31, 2011, 05:16:48 PM

You drinking it straight up or with Coke or what?

Sip of brandy, then sip of Coke to wash the taste out. Repeat until the brandy in my cup was gone. I'd never actually mix the two, that would just result in foul-tasting Coke.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I bought my parents alcohol.  They seem to like it.  I don't touch the stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Happy New Year, faggots. I may be slightly drunk.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

I'm partying with 6 faggots, a single mother and a recently dumped hetero. I'm wearing a bowtie, a checkered purple shirt and purple socks. I'm also drunk. Happy New Gay Year, breeders.