News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, what are we doing for New Year's Eve?

Started by CountDeMoney, December 30, 2011, 10:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

What are your plans?  Gala event?  Quiet night at home? Big party?  Clubbing?  Binge drinking and date raping?

Ed Anger

Nothing. In bed by 11pm.

New years was never my bag anyway.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Working all day and then probably nothing because I'll be tired and filthy.  Might try to drum up something, but it depends.  I like the date raping idea, but wouldn't drink if you paid me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

After college football, I'm going to watch my New Year's Eve staple, When Harry Met Sally, curl up in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.  Like last year.  And the year before that.  And the year before that.

Ideologue

When the hell did I start watching college football?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were me from the future.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:37:04 PM

:lol:

Who am I kidding, those aren't my real plans.  I'll masturbate first.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2011, 10:39:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:37:04 PM

:lol:

Who am I kidding, those aren't my real plans.  I'll masturbate first.

To famous Meg Ryan scene, amiright?

Barrister

In-laws are coming over. :unsure:

I think I can escape to the basement to watch the New Years Eve Jets vs Leafs game.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

There is a wargaming/gaming/drinking thing going on here, but I already RSVP'd to a boardgaming thing somewhere's else. Decisions, decisions.
PDH!

sbr

Legbiter

Pork roast at mom & dad. Fireworks at midnight along with a nice Cuban cigar. Kissing Of The Relatives to follow, North Korean-style.  :lol:

Then off to my sister's for a bit of rampant alcohol consumption, some more cigar smoking and a ride home through the glacial landscape at the end of it all.

Oh, and CdM, if fate ever finds you in Iceland (of all places), a cigar with your name awaits.  :hug:

Happy new year.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Quiet night at home. Friends meet outside Vienna, but I don't feel like human company much lately.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

I'm also going to roast a pork loin and eat it with a few glasses of Riesling wine.  And some cauliflower with Parmesan cheese.  Then probably chain smoke and watch some depressing French movies, fall asleep, wake up, and drink Bloody Marys with my engaged-couple friends while they host brunch.

I remember my first Languish New Year's laid up with a sinus infection as a good excuse for not going out.  Plus ça change...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

HisMajestyBOB

Going to some party with an overly-expensive cover charge.
Plus I have a nasty cold.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.