News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[AAR] No Retreat - Berkut vs. Tamas

Started by Tamas, December 30, 2011, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

What are the SS doing sitting in Kiev? Did Berk need more atrocity points or something?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Quote from: Kleves on January 07, 2012, 10:00:22 AM
What are the SS doing sitting in Kiev? Did Berk need more atrocity points or something?

:lol:

he just got them this turn

Kleves

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
needless to say, Leningrad will be a huge pain in the ass. Seriously I am starting to think it is a bigger loss than Moscow. It gets perma-suppiled via the black sea, it has 2 column shifts when defending, so you need some major force-concentration against it, and you can't even stack until '45, and you need every unit to push push push anyway. Annoying.  :mad:
One lucky DR result and their pushed into the Baltic, though, no?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Solmyr

This going to continue? You must march on Berlin!

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on January 12, 2012, 07:08:51 AM
This going to continue? You must march on Berlin!

We need to get together on chat and resolve the offensive, but Berkut had some RL troubles. I am waiting on him to ping me when he is available.

Tamas

THE POCKET THAT ALMOST WAS

So, back in action!

It was my turn to attack, and while Berkut placed two CBs only one was played out, as part of a furious card-battle at the start of my combat phase.

As you can see below, my masterful plan ALMOST succeeded. Using massive Sturmovik support, I broke through the Romanians in Rostov, pierced on to Stalino, cutting the supplies of the German 11th Army.
I was all set and go to also encircle the 3rd Panzer corps, as well as the freshly retreated Romanian army, but my second attack stopped with an Exchange, and the biggest tank battle so far, to the north of all this, also ended with no effect. My great victory robbed from me!
I did manage to push slowly westward in the  Moscow sector though.

Tamas

It is perhaps worth noting that Berkut's morale regarding this game is failing. I would hate if he bailed though. Obviously he did not run tests of the soviet initative half of the game otherwise he would know full well he has all the chances to delay me long enough. But I will not show him to beat me :P

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2012, 03:33:22 AM
It is perhaps worth noting that Berkut's morale regarding this game is failing. I would hate if he bailed though. Obviously he did not run tests of the soviet initative half of the game otherwise he would know full well he has all the chances to delay me long enough. But I will not show him to beat me :P

This is typical of games based on the Eastern front, the Axis player losing interest when put on the defensive. Too bad though, as I greatly enjoyed reading this AAR. I want to play this game now.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Berkut

Oh please, my morale is not failing. That is horseshit thing to say Tamas.

I noted during our last session that my initially very positive views of the game were not lasting. The reasons for that have nothing to do with the inevitable initiative shift that every single east front game has, plenty of which I like just fine.

Bullshit comments like that will make me just not want to fucking play with you though. Especially since you know EXACTLY why I am not as responsive as I would like to be.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2012, 01:05:51 PM
Oh please, my morale is not failing. That is horseshit thing to say Tamas.

I noted during our last session that my initially very positive views of the game were not lasting. The reasons for that have nothing to do with the inevitable initiative shift that every single east front game has, plenty of which I like just fine.

Bullshit comments like that will make me just not want to fucking play with you though. Especially since you know EXACTLY why I am not as responsive as I would like to be.

I am yanking your chains :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Shade

11B4V

Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 14, 2012, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2012, 03:33:22 AM

This is typical of games based on the Eastern front, the Axis player losing interest when put on the defensive. Too bad though, as I greatly enjoyed reading this AAR. I want to play this game now.

That's when it's the most exciting playing the axis. Well, imo anyway.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Quote from: Shade on January 14, 2012, 02:49:34 PM
You did not even say it right...  :bleeding:

Ok so I was drunk, writing in a foreign language. Sue me :P

Shade

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2012, 03:35:43 AM
Quote from: Shade on January 14, 2012, 02:49:34 PM
You did not even say it right...  :bleeding:

Ok so I was drunk, writing in a foreign language. Sue me :P

Excuses are the nails to the house of failure...  :P