The Black Network of the Zhentarim
The Cult of the Dragon
Trancers
A.I.M.
The Fighting Jaronistas of Languidesh

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 27, 2011, 03:36:19 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 27, 2011, 03:33:02 AM
Not voting the Imperium of Man is heresy.
But they're one of the least evil organizations in the setting...though I suppose that they and the Tau are the only ones who are really "organized".   :hmm:

The other organizations aren't badass.

Fuck, I said badass. Now I have to watch the unarmed badass Viking Skyrim video again. Thanks, Syt. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Drakken

Nineteen Eighty Four's INGSOC, hands down. And in the end, they still win.

The rest ain't efficient, they are just a bunch of mooks run by slightly more carismatic officers, but ultimately as useless.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Drakken on December 27, 2011, 05:09:05 PM
Nineteen Eighty Four's INGSOC, hands down. And in the end, they still win.

The rest ain't efficient, they are just a bunch of mooks run by slightly more carismatic officers, but ultimately as useless.

That's fine.  Ingsoc struck me as about as believable an organization as Cobra.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

citizen k

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2011, 05:48:57 PM
  Ingsoc struck me as about as believable an organization as Cobra.

How can it not be believable when it's the inevitable result of your authoritarian ideaolgy?

Ideologue

Not mine.  That online test with the graph said I was pretty socially liberal.

Granted, that test doesn't care if you literally say you want to confiscate all private property and employ roving death squads, as long as you don't care where someone sticks their dick.

Anyway, Ingsoc wasn't very plausible to me.  An authoritarian organization with no internal dissension or competition?  A belief that editing words out of newspapers could actually make people unable to espouse oppositionary language?  A mid-20th century Western state that enacted trans-7th century Islamic sex laws that still managed to win the acquiescence of young men?  A condition of total war that has lasted decades without anyone realizing they've never met anyone that actually served in the African battlegrounds?  An international community that didn't give a shit, even to the extent of sending radio signals in, that Britain was even worse off than North Korea?  It's pretty goofy.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue