VENOM
BIG FIRE
The Black Network of the Zhentarim
The Cult of the Dragon
Trancers
A.I.M.
The Fighting Jaronistas of Languidesh

Darth Wagtaros

Today's Special Boxing Day Challenge Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :berkut:
PDH!

CountDeMoney

I'm going to have to go with the Southern Baptist Convention.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I've not actually heard of any of those, so I'll go with THRUSH.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

The great(ironic?) thing about humanity is, that in this case, the evilest, most badass Evil Organization (Nazis), was real.

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 26, 2011, 09:22:53 PM
The great(ironic?) thing about humanity is, that in this case, the evilest, most badass Evil Organization (Nazis), was real.

Add to that list

Chinese Communist Party
Soviet Communist Party
Scientology
Al Qaeda
Khmer Rouge

real true badass... The Decepticons, Skeletor's Minons etc. and the list above don't have believable motivations. It's like the baddies from Power Rangers. The Khmer Rouge was really really scary because they killed you for wearing glasses. Auric Goldfinger tried it with "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you you do die.", but real fucking organizations work you to death in a work camp in Siberia, rape you before they execute you and then send the bill for the bullett to your family. These fictional organisations are not even close to the level of evil you find in reality.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2011, 08:57:06 PM
Unitarians

I hate these filthy Unitarians. With Lutherans you know where they stand but with Unitarians, who knows? It sickens me.  What makes a man turn Unitarian? Lust for gold? Power? Or are they just born with a heart full of Unitarianism?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on December 26, 2011, 09:32:22 PM

Add to that list

Chinese Communist Party
Soviet Communist Party
Scientology
Al Qaeda
Khmer Rouge

real true badass... The Decepticons, Skeletor's Minons etc. and the list above don't have believable motivations. It's like the baddies from Power Rangers. The Khmer Rouge was really really scary because they killed you for wearing glasses. Auric Goldfinger tried it with "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you you do die.", but real fucking organizations work you to death in a work camp in Siberia, rape you before they execute you and then send the bill for the bullett to your family. These fictional organisations are not even close to the level of evil you find in reality.

People scammed by L. Ron Hubbard don't seem to really fit with mass murderers.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on December 26, 2011, 09:32:22 PM

Add to that list

Chinese Communist Party
Soviet Communist Party
Scientology
Al Qaeda
Khmer Rouge

Well of course not.  Escapist fiction is meant to, you know, escape from the evils of regular life for the more ludicrous madness.  Dude.
PDH!

Ideologue

Voted Guild because 1)I understood the question, and 2)because the guy from Labyrinth turned into a bird.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

There are fictional bad guys as bad as anything in real life, however they tend to be in novels.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

The Empire was the most badass. Hitler couldn't destroy planets or shoot lightning out of his hands.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on December 27, 2011, 03:33:02 AM
Not voting the Imperium of Man is heresy.
But they're one of the least evil organizations in the setting...though I suppose that they and the Tau are the only ones who are really "organized".   :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point