News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Leave for a bit and look what happens...

Started by merithyn, April 29, 2009, 10:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

Quote from: merithyn on April 29, 2009, 11:39:35 PM
Quote from: Korea on April 29, 2009, 11:38:21 PM
Oh no! :o I'm so sorry to hear that. That really blows man. Do you have diabetes? I thought that was genetic or something. :unsure:

That's Type II, the fixable kind.

Oh, damn.  :(
I want my mother fucking points!

merithyn

Quote from: Iormlund on April 30, 2009, 01:40:14 AM
It may be the optimist in me but I very much doubt it is going to be a life sentence for the kid. I'm convinced that my own illness (also autoimmune and chronic) will be neutered within at most 10 years. We'll just have to cope until then - and it gets surprisingly easy.

Jeremy has said the same thing, and I hope that you're both right. It would be a godsend for the cure to come that quickly.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Welcome back, Meri.  Hope things turn out okay :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

vinraith

I didn't know they'd clearly pinned down the cause of Type I at this point. That's actually a very good thing, finding the root cause is the first step to a cure. All the best to you and the kids. :)

BuddhaRhubarb

:hug: WB Meri. glad to hear things are getting better. great to see you on "board" again.
:p

merithyn

Quote from: vinraith on April 30, 2009, 12:01:11 PM
I didn't know they'd clearly pinned down the cause of Type I at this point. That's actually a very good thing, finding the root cause is the first step to a cure. All the best to you and the kids. :)

Still conjecture, but that's the theory the doctors around here subscribe to due to the cluster of new incidences that seem to happen. From what I've read recently, the best chance at a cure for the moment is regrowing a pancreas with stem cells. Thank god Bush isn't in office anymore to put a stop to that.  :rolleyes:

merithyn

Thanks for the welcome back, guys. Believe it or not, I've actually missed you.  :blink:

:wub:

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2009, 12:54:08 PM
Believe it or not, I've actually missed you.  :blink:

Clearly a sign of insanity.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2009, 12:54:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome back, guys. Believe it or not, I've actually missed you.  :blink:

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.