News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Btw, if people still have their Star Wars Galaxies disks: you can play on emu servers:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

(It's post Jump to Lightspeed, but pre-New Game Enhancements.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Hey Syt, noticing your new avatar, I was wondering if you were currentlyy playing SWTOR.  I've been at it again the last few weeks...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Yeah, re-rolled recently (Jedi tank). Still on Coruscant, though. Not sure if I like the "streamlined" specs yet - much less flexible. But I guess it kind of makes sense, because it formalizes what was the norm, anyways (focus on one tree, with a few perks from the other trees thrown in - which is now the "generic" ones on the right hand side, I suppose).

Haven't had trouble grouping so far, but again - these are super populated areas. I briefly logged into my Sith Inquisitor to respec her, and there were less than 30 people on Belsavis. Still haven't made it through all class stories (I have a Sith Juggernaut at lvl 50, and an Inquisitor and Smuggler in the 40s).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Aye, I re-rolled a jedi tank as well.  Now on Taris.  Enjoy it as a diversion, but never been able to make it past level 40...

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2015, 02:00:39 AM
Aye, I re-rolled a jedi tank as well.  Now on Taris.  Enjoy it as a diversion, but never been able to make it past level 40...

I find around Hoth it starts to get pretty grindy. And it doesn't help that you go from reasonably civilized and peaceful planets that feel alive to desolate shitholes and warzones (with the small exception of Voss).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2015, 02:02:45 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2015, 02:00:39 AM

I find around Hoth it starts to get pretty grindy. And it doesn't help that you go from reasonably civilized and peaceful planets that feel alive to desolate shitholes and warzones (with the small exception of Voss).

Aren't they pretty much all shitholes and warzones? I don't remember there being any peaceful planets. :P

Syt

There's annoying lag spikes in game, usually during combat, where activating an ability might take a few seconds or multiple button presses to fire. Supposedly this should be improved with today's patch. And while it seems better (which might be due to low server pops after the patch), companions still seem bugged for me. They will often lag behind and not participate in combat, or join very late. Or attack one enemy and stop when that one is killed, even though there's more around. It is not much fun this way.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2015, 03:42:55 PM
There's annoying lag spikes in game, usually during combat, where activating an ability might take a few seconds or multiple button presses to fire. Supposedly this should be improved with today's patch. And while it seems better (which might be due to low server pops after the patch), companions still seem bugged for me. They will often lag behind and not participate in combat, or join very late. Or attack one enemy and stop when that one is killed, even though there's more around. It is not much fun this way.

Yeah combat will sometimes get kind of laggy for me as well, despite my connection apparently being just fine.  Good to know it might be fixed.

Syt

I'm about to stop playing my Jedi Knight. The light side Jedi is about as boring as it gets, and a dark side Jedi feels wrong.

I've switched back to my female trooper. Considering she's voiced by Jennifer Hale, I can at least pretend it's my renegade Cmdr. Shepard. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
I'm about to stop playing my Jedi Knight. The light side Jedi is about as boring as it gets, and a dark side Jedi feels wrong.

Everything wrong with Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy in a nutshell.
Experience bij!

Syt

I liked Jedi Academy and its episodic approach. Better than Jedi Outcast with its absolutely retarded level layouts. "Let's have military installations with control stations that duty personnel can't access, or at least not without solving jumping/switch puzzles!" "Let's have the player look for the hidden platform/exit to make it through a level!"
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Finished Nar Shaddaa as trooper and am now bored with the game again. I like the setting, story and characters for the most part, but the grindy combat that doesn't really provide much of a challenge and only serves as a time sink really puts me off. I find that I avoid it as much as possible, because it's just so boring.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

schaksen

Hmmm, perhaps it's even worth subbing for? Never played it other ways than f2p.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick