Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2012, 04:44:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2012, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2012, 03:48:46 PM
Well it's still the same game.  All single-player content is free right up to level 50.  There are some odd restrictions - number of UI bars, inventory and bank slots, that you have to pay to unlock.  I believe the various operations (their version of dungeons) have to be unlocked with a weekly pass.

Yeah, thats a deal breaker for me.  I didnt mind paying for that stuff with GW because I didnt pay a subscription.  But no way am I going to pay for that stuff after having shelled out for months on a subscription basis. They already took that money.

Well then you're in luck.  You get a number of their Whichamacallit Points by virtue of having paid for the game and having subscribed to it.  You can use them to purchase back those UI bars and inventory.

The fact you paid for the game gets some recognition.  But now you can play without paying $15 per month.  But obviously, paying $15 per month will give you some perks you don't get paying for free.

That is good to hear.  I am back in the market.  If I ever get time to do it that is.

Syt

So, what's the state of the game at the moment?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2012, 12:05:40 PM
So, what's the state of the game at the moment?

I'm still playing.  What do you want to know?

Biggest change is that between server merges and F2P there are vibrant populations in all zones - something that was not the case a couple of months after launch.

I'm still a subscriber so I can't speak to F2P limitations.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Yeah, I was still around for the merger. I guess I still want to finish all class stories at some point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Well you can certainly do that.

It seems like the sweet spot is to subscribe for one month, which gives you "preferred status", then kick back to F2P.

I can't imagine doing all classes to 50, but I do want to run all classes to the end of Chapter 1, and get one to 50 at least.  I rolled a smuggler the other day, and am up to lvl 16.  I like the class quest, but not sure I like the cover mechanics.

I'm still waiting for paid server transfers so I can move my trooper off the PvP server its stuck on.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2012, 05:15:04 PM
I can't imagine doing all classes to 50, but I do want to run all classes to the end of Chapter 1, and get one to 50 at least.  I rolled a smuggler the other day, and am up to lvl 16.  I like the class quest, but not sure I like the cover mechanics.

That's what I'm thinking. I would like t finish the story line, but I find the smuggler gameplay tedious. I think I may play my Republic Trooper (Jennifer Hale!  :w00t: ) or Jedi Sentinel next.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I've restarted my Bounty Hunter. The thought of having to do Coruscant and Republic-Taris again was a bit dreadful.

On my new machine the game runs at highest settings so smoothly that I had to turn down the mouse responsiveness significantly.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

lol, after spending most of the last half hour dl'ing all the content patches I've missed, I checked it out.  Lots of changes.

Most of my characters are on Prophesy of the Five PVP East Coast.  I have 2,200 Cartel credits.  :lol:

I have one lvl 5 Imperial Agent on The Harbinger PVE West Coast, his name is Argistan.

Party Jawa, lulz.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2012, 12:22:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2012, 05:15:04 PM

That's what I'm thinking. I would like t finish the story line, but I find the smuggler gameplay tedious. I think I may play my Republic Trooper (Jennifer Hale!  :w00t: ) or Jedi Sentinel next.

Well for my smuggler I had gone with the scoundrel advanced class.

I had been playing with the same basic play-style as levels 1-10 - hide behind stuff and do ranged DPS.  But I had kind of forgotten about the different specs.  One spec continues with that style, but the other turns you into a stealthed almost melee DPS - sneak up behind enemies, then give 'em a kick in the nuts and a shotgun blast to the torso.  That's kind of fun actually. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2012, 02:53:45 PM
turns you into a stealthed almost melee DPS - sneak up behind enemies, then give 'em a kick in the nuts and a shotgun blast to the torso.  That's kind of fun actually. :)

lol, yeah it is.  Nutshots for everybody!

Rasputin

I'm still playing...I mostly just pvp in warzones or outlaws den with my juggy...im on jung ma if anyone wants to look me up (totsturm)
Who is John Galt?

CountDeMoney

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?

Syt

Having fun with my mercenary. At least on Dromund Kaas it's very easy to find groups for heroic quests at the moment (Progenitor RP-PVE), and mostly with people who can string more than three words together. Not sure yet if I will stick with a DPS build or if I should go healer.

Oh, and I like the unify color feature, that allows you to match all or parts of your armor to your chest piece's color. Finally no more looking like a hobo on lower levels.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

The Star Wars Holiday Special Lives!  SWTOR in celebrating Life Day!  :lol: