News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Well 120 US servers for a subscription base of around 1mil, compare WoW has 225 NA servers for and estimates of couple million NA players and 10.2 mil worldwide.

They clearly went with too numerous an amount to start with.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 18, 2012, 11:10:38 PM
Looks like my server is getting moved to Pleasure Barge too. When I logged in today it was full though. Server consolidation is another one of those signs of a dying mmo, right?

We'll see.

They knew there'd be a lot of people who buy the game but don't stick around long term.  They tried to limit the number of servers, but wound up giving in to pressure from some enormous queues to log in when the game first went live.

Once these consolidations happen we'll see if the population is stable, or continues to decline.

Katmai - I think I'm out until the baby is born, but I do want to get back to our characters in the next couple weeks if you're still interested.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

you rat bastard, choosing your child who isn't even born yet over an MMO!

Barrister

Now that the child is born and I can start ignoring him, you going to be interested in re-starting our SWTOR toons?  Not re-rolling, but continuing where we left off?

I could do tonight and tomorrow, but then family are coming into town again, so it might be better to start next Monday.

Or if you've moved on that's cool too.   :)

katmai

I'm suppose to raid in WoW on monday nights, so seems like next tues would be time to start.

Syt

No idea what they did with the game, but playing on medium settings causes my laptop to shut down from overheating. Up till February I could play on high settings without problems. I've cleaned out the air ducts and the cooling stand for my laptop, but the problem persists. Guess that's one game we strike off the list.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on July 03, 2012, 02:49:28 PM
I'm suppose to raid in WoW on monday nights, so seems like next tues would be time to start.

You still game?

I might be on closer to 9:30.  We'll see.

Syt

Found the problem - Win7 Aero. When I disable it, the CPU temperatures drop by over 10 degrees, and I can play on high details again. Played through Ord Mantell as a Sith Pureblood trooper. I like that Jennifer Hale (aka Female Shepard from Mass Effect) is the voice actor for this char.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Strix

BB, you still playing on Tuesdays? My pvp guild just crapped out on me.

EDIT: Ok, started a Jedi Knight named Phìneas (Ph alt+141 neas)
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Rasputin

I'm still active on jung ma if anyone decides to join or try the server transfer
Who is John Galt?

Strix

Quote from: Rasputin on August 06, 2012, 09:13:58 AM
I'm still active on jung ma if anyone decides to join or try the server transfer

What name(s)? I have a bunch of Imperials and a couple Alliance there.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Strix on August 05, 2012, 08:44:52 AM
BB, you still playing on Tuesdays? My pvp guild just crapped out on me.

EDIT: Ok, started a Jedi Knight named Phìneas (Ph alt+141 neas)

I'm still playing, but Katmai hasn't been playing.  I rolled a Sith alt on Pleasure Barge, and have my Jedi sitting in case Katmai comes back...

Solmyr

Rasputin

Quote from: Strix on August 06, 2012, 09:19:13 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on August 06, 2012, 09:13:58 AM

What name(s)? I have a bunch of Imperials and a couple Alliance there.

totsturm

zynlin

i usually play after 830pm or around 530 am.
Who is John Galt?