And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 18, 2012, 09:30:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 09:01:47 AM
From a law enforcement perspective, there certainly is a bona fide reason to find out why he'd "either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

Yeah.  It is almost certain that the blowhard is too gutless to carry out the implied threat, but you can't take any chances.

Exactly.  Which is why they should file an emergency petition on him immediately, and have him undergo at least a 72 hour assessment for suicidal ideations.

derspiess

We get it.  You're an ex-cop.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2012, 03:28:08 PM
Sex-cop?

I'm not sure he's ever told us what department he worked in.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2012, 03:26:32 PM

And I know you have Cat Scratch Fever in your CD player.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 02:55:07 PM
From a law enforcement perspective, there certainly is a bona fide reason to find out why he'd "either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

Yeah.  It is almost certain that the blowhard is too gutless to carry out the implied threat, but you can't take any chances.

Exactly.  Which is why they should file an emergency petition on him immediately, and have him undergo at least a 72 hour assessment for suicidal ideations.

Pro tip for you - if you actually do that, make sure you bring the person before an actual medical professional, and don't just have them locked up in cells for 24 or 72 hours (depending on jurisdiction).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2012, 03:46:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 02:55:07 PM

Pro tip for you - if you actually do that, make sure you bring the person before an actual medical professional, and don't just have them locked up in cells for 24 or 72 hours (depending on jurisdiction).

Drop 'em off at the ER.  It'll take them 72 hours just to get to him.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2012, 03:26:32 PM

And I know you have Cat Scratch Fever in your CD player.

I hear it enough at Bengals games to where that's not necessary :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Princesca knows I like Cat Scratch Fever so she bought me a Nugent CD once.  I didn't really like anything else on it, except for one song that was good but seemed to go on forever (and I think it was just an instrumental).  I also like High Enough, but technically that's Damn Yankees, not Nuge on his own.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2012, 03:46:37 PM

In Cole County they just hand cuff you to a chair.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 18, 2012, 07:05:16 PM
Princesca knows I like Cat Scratch Fever so she bought me a Nugent CD once.  I didn't really like anything else on it, except for one song that was good but seemed to go on forever (and I think it was just an instrumental).  I also like High Enough, but technically that's Damn Yankees, not Nuge on his own.

Yahoo, redneck beer rock.  You and Otto cruising for pussy in the primer gray bitchin' Camero at Skateland on a Friday night.

Ed Anger

I'll get my trans-am. And my Foghat CD's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Camaro  :yuk:

I'll take one of these however:

Princesca even told me I could get one. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I don't own any of The Nuge's music, but I like his show on the Outdoor Channel.  I have to turn off those hunting shows after a while because it pisses me off that people  get paid to go hunting and I'm not one of them.

Oh, and is the Secret Service meeting with Nugent at a strip club?  Or are they keeping it more discreet?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2012, 09:24:08 PM
Oh, and is the Secret Service meeting with Nugent at a strip club?  Or are they keeping it more discreet?

They learned their lesson over that shit this week.
They're meeting him in Vegas.