News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2012, 01:43:47 PM
I don't know if he's a repressed homosexual.

Nobody talks that much fundamentalist smack and doesn't have dick cheese aftertaste.

Razgovory

Uh, I'll take your word for it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2012, 01:55:38 PM
Uh, I'll take your word for it.

Dude, it's as much a tell as sashaying around in eight-eye boots and cut-off jeans.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 01:44:58 PM

Nobody talks that much fundamentalist smack and doesn't have dick cheese aftertaste.

The Onion does it again.

Heartbroken Santorum Condemns Gay Marriage For Two-Timing Jerks Like Nick
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 01:44:58 PM

Jimmy Swaggart?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2012, 03:16:26 PMhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gas-prices-sink-obamas-ratings-on-economy-bring-parity-to-race-for-white-house/2012/03/11/gIQAuhYO6R_story.html

Interesting.

Has the American public generally held the president responsible for gas prices? What tools does the president generally have to address them (the gas prices, not the American public)?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on March 12, 2012, 03:56:29 PM
Has the American public generally held the president responsible for gas prices? What tools does the president generally have to address them (the gas prices, not the American public)?

Depends on the president.  When gas prices skyrocket under a Republican president, it is the free market at work. When it happens under a negro Democrat president, it's his fault.

The president will, from time to time, release some barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to reduce tension on the market.  A needless, unnecessary and ceremonial gesture.

When Republican presidents do it, it's OK.  When negro Democrat presidents do it, Hansies flip the fuck out.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2012, 03:16:26 PMhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gas-prices-sink-obamas-ratings-on-economy-bring-parity-to-race-for-white-house/2012/03/11/gIQAuhYO6R_story.html

Interesting.

When it comes to gas prices, the biggest tools the president has are the members of the general public.

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 04:02:09 PM

Depends on the president.  When gas prices skyrocket under a Republican president, it is the free market at work. When it happens under a negro Democrat president, it's his fault.

The president will, from time to time, release some barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to reduce tension on the market.  A needless, unnecessary and ceremonial gesture.

When Republican presidents do it, it's OK.  When negro Democrat presidents do it, Hansies flip the fuck out.
Bush got blamed for high gas prices. Him, Cheney, and their connections to big oil. All that sort of stuff.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on March 12, 2012, 05:25:37 PM
Bush got blamed for high gas prices. Him, Cheney, and their connections to big oil. All that sort of stuff.

Yeah, I noticed that during the 2004 election.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 04:02:09 PM

Codswallop.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi