News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Santorum wins Kansas, Romney wins Wyoming.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2012, 06:43:59 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2012, 06:09:12 PM
Jesus Christ Yi, if you are going to say things, say things.

Seen this one before too.

Yeah, cause you have pulled this several times now.  What, am I hurting your feelings or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

:lol:  Stay smart.  Don't get tempted or taunted into playing that game.

Agree that the libertarian cartoon was mostly yawns.  Humor requires more than posting the most obvious possible comments on the most obvious possible foibles.

I suppose that it was designed for fellow members of the tribe, though, and they seem to enjoy it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

The best part of that cartoon was trying to figure out which one was Berkut.  I guessed at least 4.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
The best part of that cartoon was trying to figure out which one was Berkut.  I guessed at least 4.

I didn't know garbon was a Heinlein fan.  That's cool.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2012, 07:48:37 PM

:lol:  Stay smart.  Don't get tempted or taunted into playing that game.

Agree that the libertarian cartoon was mostly yawns.  Humor requires more than posting the most obvious possible comments on the most obvious possible foibles.

I suppose that it was designed for fellow members of the tribe, though, and they seem to enjoy it.

How long you going to do this passive aggressive thing? 

"I won't respond to Raz directly so I'll respond to other people responding to him to get my two cents in".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2012, 08:17:44 PM

Heh.  One of them kinda looks like him.

Phillip V

Whatever the reason, Obama's head-to-head general election numbers have dropped in the month of March after peaking in February. Romney has taken his biggest lead against Obama in Rasmussen tracking with a 6-point lead.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/03/obama_falling_romney_leads_48-42_in_rasmussen_poll.html

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on March 11, 2012, 01:32:07 PM
Whatever the reason, Obama's head-to-head general election numbers have dropped in the month of March after peaking in February. Romney has taken his biggest lead against Obama in Rasmussen tracking with a 6-point lead.

It's the natural bounce to the primaries being stuck in the news cycle.  It'll taper back off by the end of the month.

Jacob

Maybe the Republican war on women is working out in Romney's favour?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Jacob on March 12, 2012, 11:56:35 AM
Maybe the Republican war on women is working out in Romney's favour?

He's prettier than the other guys I guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Polls in both Alabama and Mississippi show a statistical tie between Gingrich, Romney, and Santorum. The narrative of this primary season has changed a million times already, but tomorrow will be another game changer with perhaps Illinois next week determining if Romney will have a strong competitor surviving into April.

AL: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/al/alabama_republican_presidential_primary-1775.html
MS: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ms/mississippi_republican_presidential_primary-2163.html

Razgovory

There's something unpleasant about Santorum that I can't put my finger on.  It's like he's just off or something.

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2012, 01:15:49 PM
There's something unpleasant about Santorum that I can't put my finger on.

You mean like his disturbingly backward views, paranoid outlook, and clearly repressed homosexuality?
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 12, 2012, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2012, 01:15:49 PM
There's something unpleasant about Santorum that I can't put my finger on.

You mean like his disturbingly backward views, paranoid outlook, and clearly repressed homosexuality?

He's like Ned Flander's evil brother.  I don't know if he's a repressed homosexual.  I'm not really talking about policies, but rather the way he talks and acts.  He just comes off as kinda creepy.  It's like he's a bitter angry radical in a very subdued way.