News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Isn't it common to address a former president as 'Mr. President'?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Phillip V on February 11, 2012, 07:24:27 AM
Any chance that Ron Paul will pull an upset in Maine?
It seems like his sort of state.  But I read a post on PPP recently.  They said that though very little polling's done on Maine and it's very difficult to poll for (7 day caucus and all) that Republicans in Maine don't really like Paul, but his approval ratings are such that he could do very well if his supporters turn out and others don't.

But it's odd.  I'd have expected Paul to be far more popular there:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/02/thoughts-on-maine.html
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

So according to realclearpolitics, only one national poll of republicans has been conducted entirely after the Tuesday night results, which was by PPP and looks like this:

Santorum: 38%
Romney: 23%
Gingrich: 17%
Paul: 13%
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Kleves

At least nominating Santorum - and thus guaranteeing an Obama landslide - should break the power of the fundies within the Republican party for awhile.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

Quote from: Kleves on February 11, 2012, 12:19:03 PM
At least nominating Santorum - and thus guaranteeing an Obama landslide - should break the power of the fundies within the Republican party for awhile.

No, they'll be convinced he lost because he was too moderate and try harder next time.

Razgovory

Which candidate won't guarantee an Obama landslide?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 11, 2012, 12:43:44 PM

Obama ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2012, 12:51:39 PM

Obama ?

:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Just as Newt quickly faded before Iowa and after South Carolina, Santorum quickly faded after Iowa and will fade before Arizona/Michigan. Romney will spend boatloads of money on driving up Santorum's negatives. But then he will get complacent, and Newt will surge again. :D

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2012, 12:51:39 PM

Obama ?
Yes.  He, like the Democrats before him will be his own undoing.
PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 10:46:58 AM

It is always something isn't it?

Ted Kennedy undone by chappaquiddick, Gary Hart by "monkey business", Dukakis by the tank helmet, Gore by sighing during the debate, and Obama by not being a good president.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on February 12, 2012, 01:43:27 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 10:46:58 AM

It is always something isn't it?

Dukakis by the tank helmet, Gore by sighing during the debate,

Dukakis was undone more by the Willie Horton thing and Kitty Litter.
Gore did more damage than sighing when he dry humped his wife at the Convention.

Darth Wagtaros

Dukakis was a pansy for that stuff. The ACLU thing, Willie Horton... he could have and should have fought back instead of taking it like  a little bitch.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 01:49:33 PM
Dukakis was a pansy for that stuff. The ACLU thing, Willie Horton... he could have and should have fought back instead of taking it like  a little bitch.
Swift Boats...
Story of the Democrats;  taking the High Road just means you've got farther to drop when the Republicans put you through the guard rail.