News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Any chances of someone else dropping their hat in to save the day? Rubio?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on February 08, 2012, 09:15:50 AM
Any chances of someone else dropping their hat in to save the day? Rubio?

Sarah Palin tried to, but was confused by that phrase and showed up with a hat with a ring in it.  Katmai got it on tape.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Saw Santorum give his speech last night where he blamed Obama for the Wall Street bailouts to help his Wall Street friends.

Is his target audience really so ignorant there are incapable of recalling what happened less than 4 years ago?   Hank Paulson and the 3 page memo.  John McCain "suspending" his campaign. Chris Cox.  Bear, Lehman, the Freddie/Fannie takover, the AIG loan, the Stabilization Fund, TARP, TALF, CPP, the asset purchase program, the MBS buys.

2008, people. 2008.

Call it naivite, but is kind of astonishing that a serious candidate for President can start a speech with such an obvious lie and get away with it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 08, 2012, 12:59:47 PM
Saw Santorum give his speech last night where he blamed Obama for the Wall Street bailouts to help his Wall Street friends.

Is his target audience really so ignorant there are incapable of recalling what happened less than 4 years ago?   Hank Paulson and the 3 page memo.  John McCain "suspending" his campaign. Chris Cox.  Bear, Lehman, the Freddie/Fannie takover, the AIG loan, the Stabilization Fund, TARP, TALF, CPP, the asset purchase program, the MBS buys.

2008, people. 2008.

Call it naivite, but is kind of astonishing that a serious candidate for President can start a speech with such an obvious lie and get away with it.

Yes, yes you are naive, yes they invariably get away with it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Well, apparently the housing bubble was caused by people being unable to pay their mortgages due to higher airconditioning and heating bills:

"We went into a recession in 2008. People forget why. They thought it was a housing bubble. The housing bubble was caused because of a dramatic spike in energy prices that caused the housing bubble to burst," Santorum told the audience. "People had to pay so much money to air condition and heat their homes or pay for gasoline that they couldn't pay their mortgage."

http://coloradoindependent.com/111924/santorum-and-gingrich-dismiss-climate-change-vow-to-dismantle-the-epa

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on February 08, 2012, 01:07:14 PM
Well, apparently the housing bubble was caused by people being unable to pay their mortgages due to higher airconditioning and heating bills:

"We went into a recession in 2008. People forget why. They thought it was a housing bubble. The housing bubble was caused because of a dramatic spike in energy prices that caused the housing bubble to burst," Santorum told the audience. "People had to pay so much money to air condition and heat their homes or pay for gasoline that they couldn't pay their mortgage."

http://coloradoindependent.com/111924/santorum-and-gingrich-dismiss-climate-change-vow-to-dismantle-the-epa

Oh dear...  This in addition to what JR posted is kinda worrying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

With some apologies to Huntsman, this has been a one person race since the beginning.  Aside from Romney, the rest aren't qualified or competent enough for a spot on Celebrity Apprentice, much less a major party nomination for President.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

A political party gets the candidate it deserves.

Ideologue

2008, people. 2008.

I blame "opinions differ on shape of the Earth" journalism.  Also, the ideological distortion the average ground-level Republican views the world with.

God, if only we could flip the Democrat switch in these people, we'd be unstoppable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

Quote from: Jacob on February 08, 2012, 01:07:14 PM

:lol:

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 08, 2012, 01:30:16 PM
God, if only we could flip the Democrat switch in these people, we'd be unstoppable.

Yes with all following Queen Pelosi would could run ourselves into the ground even faster!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Pretty fucking boneheaded.

Anyone know if Santorum's states have open primaries/caucuses?  I'm wondering if he won because of a deluge of Idy Logs.

mongers

Good god, could you lot not hurry up and choose a/any candidate. 

Alternatively, have you considered smoke-filled rooms ?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"