News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Also I found out that Paul would not have launched the operation to kill Bin Laden.  In world where Paul was President Bin Laden would still be alive (well likely to be alive.  He could have gotten sick or something).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Oh God.  I am loving Santorum's attacks on Newt.  'Grandiosity has never been a problem for Newt...That is not a cogent thought...An idea a minute.  No discipline.'  And then attacks him on ethics.  Wonderful stuff and I think fiercely effective.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 19, 2012, 08:55:47 PM
Oh God.  I am loving Santorum's attacks on Newt.  'Grandiosity has never been a problem for Newt...That is not a cogent thought...An idea a minute.  No discipline.'  And then attacks him on ethics.  Wonderful stuff and I think fiercely effective.
Hehe... Santorum is going for broke, to try and gain some ground. But Gingrich has been gaining in S. Carolina, the reports I've seen the last couple of days.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 19, 2012, 08:46:48 PM
Oh Gingrich is brilliant and evil.  During the debate he's released his tax returns and put them online :lol:

After Romney's cowardice on the open marriage thing I don't know that he expected that.
I think Gingrich has gotten back more to his ideas and the ways that gained ground from him earlier, and moved away from the attacks which I were probably back firing on him some. That has to have helped him.

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on January 19, 2012, 06:10:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2012, 06:02:44 PM
What is his foreign policy anyway?  I thought it could be summed up as "Neo-Isolationism".

He's opposed to the neoconservative-style "spread democracy" use of our armed forces.

I know.  What a fucking asshole.  The one God damned thing Republicans are good for, and he's not even good for that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on January 19, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
I think Gingrich has gotten back more to his ideas and the ways that gained ground from him earlier, and moved away from the attacks which I were probably back firing on him some. That has to have helped him.
I don't know.  His polling's improved and Romney's has declined since he went on the attack (with the help of everyone else).
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 07:06:11 PM
Romney leads Obama in 5 of 6 swing states

'Romney was tested against Obama in six states: Florida, Ohio, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia and Wisconsin. Romney led in all but New Mexico, where the race was an exact tie.

Romney bested the president in Florida by 5 points, in Ohio by 7 points, in Nevada by 11 points, in Virginia by 3 points and in Wisconsin by a mere 1 percentage point.'

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/gop-poll-romney-leads-obama-in-of-swing-states-111368.html

No rich white dude can beat this man, sorry:

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on January 19, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
No rich white dude can beat this man, sorry:

That's an odd stance. Not too long ago the opinion was that it was hard impossible to win the white house as an african-american and now it is impossible to derail the black guy who failed deliver on promised hope and change?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I suspect there are a few rich white dudes who could beat Obama, but none of them are Republican candidates.  Is Paul Krugman rich?  I'd vote for him.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

citizen k

Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2012, 11:23:26 PM
Is Paul Krugman rich?  I'd vote for him.

I think Jon Corzine is the fellow you're looking for.  ;)

Berkut

At least if Gingrich got the nomination, it would make it a really easy decision come voting time. What a fucking asshole.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ideologue

Quote from: citizen k on January 20, 2012, 12:38:05 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2012, 11:23:26 PM
Is Paul Krugman rich?  I'd vote for him.

I think Jon Corzine is the fellow you're looking for.  ;)

I guess he's okay.  I mean, he's a Democrat.
Kinemalogue

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on January 20, 2012, 12:53:47 AM
At least if Gingrich got the nomination, it would make it a really easy decision come voting time. What a fucking asshole.

:cheers: