Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 09:19:52 PM
I love Santorum :wub:

Ur disgusting.. .

actually, I have a hard time immagining gay foreplay before penetrative sex without the enema bags.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 10:15:09 PM
Oh joy!  Rick Perry got asked a question on something he's not been prepped for, in this case Turkey.

They're apparently being run by 'Islamic terrorists'.
But isn't that true, with all those Turkish flotillas?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 09:46:27 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 16, 2012, 09:37:58 PM
Huntsman is good, but has crappy timing.  Maybe later.
I think he ran the wrong campaign.  He was trying to run John McCain's 2000 campaign, which I think was a mistake.  His first forays into the race were needless needling of conservatives on things like climate change and evolution. 

He should have run as a strong conservative (as a Governor he got a very strong rating by the Cato Institute and pro-life groups) with the McCain-ish 'country first' stuff that he developed towards the end of the campaign.  I think he could have been a credible, conservative alternative to Romney if he wanted.

Well he certainly needed to do something difference. If you don't make it in the news, people don't vote for you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 10:38:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 16, 2012, 10:30:19 PM
I was rather surprised by Santorum's answer.  He gets a small boost from me because of that.  :)
The combination of that answer and the felon voting answer makes me like Santorum far more.  It's easy to pander to a crowd that angry but I think he's taken two potentially unpopular stands.  Aside from Ron Paul he's been the boldest.  I hope it pays off with a tick up in SC, he certainly deserves it.

Too bad Santorum doesn't actually care about civil liberties.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2012, 10:42:40 PM
actually, I have a hard time immagining gay foreplay before penetrative sex without the enema bags.

:huh:

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2012, 10:55:22 PM

Apparently Romney talking about hunting is like Viking talking about gay sex.

QuoteWell he certainly needed to do something difference. If you don't make it in the news, people don't vote for you.
I agree, but his method was wrong.  Those weren't core issues for anyone but they suggested what sort of views he held and what sort of campaign he'd run.  He was basically signalling to the press not his electorate.  It was a big mistake.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
I agree, but his method was wrong.  Those weren't core issues for anyone but they suggested what sort of views he held and what sort of campaign he'd run.  He was basically signalling to the press not his electorate.  It was a big mistake.

He needed to signal to the press to get his name touted about. None of "his" electorate knew much about him.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2012, 11:13:39 PM
He needed to signal to the press to get his name touted about. None of "his" electorate knew much about him.
Yeah, but he was getting touted as someone who was calling his party's base 'crazy'.  That's counter-productive.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 11:15:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2012, 11:13:39 PM
Yeah, but he was getting touted as someone who was calling his party's base 'crazy'.  That's counter-productive.

Oh certaimly.

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2012, 10:55:22 PM

Apparently Romney talking about hunting is like Viking talking about gay sex.

:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Tonight Rick Perry called the government of Turkey 'Islamic terrorists', seemed to hint towards eventually bombing them and lumped them in with Iran and Syria.  Despite this I think that was his best debate performance by a mile and he may do okay, though not well enough, in SC.

I don't know if that says more about Perry, his party or South Carolina :mellow:

Edit:  Also two further thoughts.  First the extremism of this party right now is scary.

Second I don't know how this Super PAC stuff is going in the US.  But does it hurt Romney that he simultaneously says he's no influence over it while referring to it as 'my PAC'?

Edit: Oh and I loved Newt's come back that if Romney can't influence his PAC he may not be a great President.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2012, 12:09:18 AM
Tonight Rick Perry called the government of Turkey 'Islamic terrorists', seemed to hint towards eventually bombing them and lumped them in with Iran and Syria.  Despite this I think that was his best debate performance by a mile and he may do okay, though not well enough, in SC.

I don't know if that says more about Perry, his party or South Carolina :mellow:

It tells you a lot about US citizens' intellect.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on January 17, 2012, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2012, 12:09:18 AM

It tells you a lot about US citizens' intellect.
More like their education than their intellect.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa