And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2012, 11:33:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2012, 11:19:30 AM
Sounds kinda like one of those anti-tax conspiracies.

Eh it probably is sorta like that.

It just shows how far the establishment parties have pushed me that I am going to vote for the crazy old guy.

Never picked you for a guy who would vote for a person who isn't so keen on the Theory of Evolution.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2012, 03:55:12 PM
Never picked you for a guy who would vote for a person who isn't so keen on the Theory of Evolution.

This is the Republican Primary Raz.  None of them are keen on the Theory of Evolution.  Voting on that issue would put me in quite a pickle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I solve this problem by not voting in the Republican primary. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

If you tried a little harder you could probably be a candidate since ill mental health doesn't seem to be a disqualifier :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on January 17, 2012, 04:23:36 PM
If you tried a little harder you could probably be a candidate since ill mental health doesn't seem to be a disqualifier :D

Well you have to be crazy to want to be President so I would say it is a requirement.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

true, but the repubs have a better crazy quota. They're either crazy, womanizers, or texans. None of which is a good option :P

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

The Republican leadership Must know that 2012-16 is going to be really bad, they Do Not want to win.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

It would help if I had cash.  What is the cost to run in a Republican primary.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2012, 06:51:03 PM

It would help if I had cash.  What is the cost to run in a Republican primary.

If this guy can run for US Senate, surely you're good enough to run for something or other.  It cost him $10,400 to do so.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 17, 2012, 07:43:11 PM
If this guy can run for US Senate, surely you're good enough to run for something or other.  It cost him $10,400 to do so.

Screw that. If you manage to bum 10 grand off of strangers, use it to buy a car or something. And if you're using your own money, you should watch The Producers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on January 17, 2012, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2012, 02:50:55 AM
"I'd like to see us reduce government to meet the revenue, not raise revenue to meet the government."  I saw that quoted on Twitter (Gingrich, maybe?) and I like it. :) 
That's been the reactionary and Luddite call all along.  Read about the US preparedness for the wars of 1812, 1861, and 1914 to see where that leads.  I will concede that it is simplistic and likely very attractive to simpletons.
Well, you guys did win two out of three of those wars. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2012, 08:04:21 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 17, 2012, 07:43:11 PM

Screw that. If you manage to bum 10 grand off of strangers, use it to buy a car or something. And if you're using your own money, you should watch The Producers.

Yeah, if I had 10 grand I sure as hell wouldn't waste it on a vanity office run.

Ideologue

I might.  Ten years in the House and my loans get discharged.

Oh, also, helping people and shit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 17, 2012, 04:33:54 PM
The Republican leadership Must know that 2012-16 is going to be really bad, they Do Not want to win.  :ph34r:

Worse than 2008-2012 when it all fell apart?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 17, 2012, 09:36:27 PM
I might.  Ten years in the House and my loans get discharged.

Oh, also, helping people and shit.

How would you help people by being a Rep?  Would you give free tours on the side?