And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 13, 2012, 02:19:54 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 13, 2012, 01:49:49 AM
I think something like this is more plausible for a Romney win.

http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=ffq

However, I still think that Obama should be favored for reelection at this point.

That doesn't actually show Romney winning.
So, I forgot to change the name. Why do you got a nit pick me like that. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Anyway, Obama is likely to get all of the Kerry States with perhaps an exception of one or two even if he loses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 13, 2012, 12:07:02 AM
Not the worst of sins in a presidential candidate, but he is still a prick.  Another good example from politicians for why I don't bother to vote anymore.
I couldn't vote for someone who's a dog abuser.  And that story was from a Boston Globe profile of Romney.  It was used to suggest Romney's emotion-free crisis management style.  In all honesty I think it's one of those trivial but not really trivial indicators of character.

That Newt made this site ( http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/gingrich-to-campaign-with-pets-and-music/ )makes me like him far more:
http://petswithnewt.com/home/page
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on January 13, 2012, 08:08:46 AM
Obama '12 fundraising underperforming Bush '04.

The Koch brothers haven't stepped in for Obama yet.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 12:46:09 AM
My prediction:

<_<

That looks like the status as of February 8th 1861.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2012, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 13, 2012, 12:07:02 AM
Not the worst of sins in a presidential candidate, but he is still a prick.  Another good example from politicians for why I don't bother to vote anymore.
I couldn't vote for someone who's a dog abuser.  And that story was from a Boston Globe profile of Romney.  It was used to suggest Romney's emotion-free crisis management style.  In all honesty I think it's one of those trivial but not really trivial indicators of character.

That Newt made this site ( http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/gingrich-to-campaign-with-pets-and-music/ )makes me like him far more:
http://petswithnewt.com/home/page

I don't really think it shows him to be a dog abuser nor is it particularly revealing about his character today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Maybe not dog abuser, but definitely dog neglecter.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 09:15:11 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 13, 2012, 08:08:46 AM
Obama '12 fundraising underperforming Bush '04.

The Koch brothers haven't stepped in for Obama yet.

It ain't the rich man's party for nothing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on January 13, 2012, 11:05:38 AM
That looks like the status as of February 8th 1861.

Too many lines on the left half of the map. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2012, 11:21:06 AM

Sure although as the original Globe article writer wrote in his new article on the subject - back in 1983, his parents were letting him and his sister roam about freely in the back of the station wagon while driving.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2012, 11:57:07 AM

Sure although as the original Globe article writer wrote in his new article on the subject - back in 1983, his parents were letting him and his sister roam about freely in the back of the station wagon while driving.

That's crazy. Did his parents also spank him?

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on January 13, 2012, 12:01:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2012, 11:57:07 AM

That's crazy. Did his parents also spank him?

Tied him to the roof for an hour.

Phillip V

Former Presidential candidate John Edwards is delaying his trial due to a failing heart.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71421.html

'Edwards is accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws and using about $1 million dollars from campaign donors to cover up his affair and child with Rielle Hunter.'