And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2012, 05:43:51 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 13, 2012, 05:37:30 PM
'Appealing to the Hispanic vote in Florida, Mr. Romney on Wednesday launched a Spanish-speaking ad narrated by his son, with a few words in Spanish from the candidate himself.' :o

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/11/mitt-romney-spanish-language-ad-florida_n_1199085.html
¡Ay, ay, ay, no es bueno! :o

Let's not forget that Romney's father was Mexican-born, living his early years there. Romney still has dozens of cousins in Mexico. Clearly, we need to demand his birth certificate.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 04:56:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 04:51:06 PM
Then I suppose I must change accordingly.

How do you plan to game it now that Paul is in 2nd? :hmm:

You mean Gingrich? :unsure:  Gingrich is in second, right?

Heh, I dunno.

After the firing people thing and dog thing, I'm considering voting for Romney now.

The goals are actually dual: 1) extend the primary contest and the period of internecine conflict for as much as possible, weakening the surviving candidate; 2) attempt to secure the nomination of an unelectable person.

Gingrich and Romney are the only big guys I feel are remotely electable--unfortunately, they appear to be the only ones likely to win the nomination.  However, Romney may now be the less electable of the two in November, even if he may be the most "nominable" of the two as far as the GOP is concerned.

I think I'll vote for whoever's doing worse closer to the primary, Romney or Gingrich.  Gingrich is proving effective in fucking Romney's shit up.  On the other hand, if Gingrich is doing very well, I really don't want him nominated.  I dunno, I can't put my finger on it, but a Gingrich run makes me slightly worried. :hmm:

Hell, I might vote for Paul.

Man, voting for people you want to win sure is a lot easier than voting for people just to sabotage them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 05:58:54 PM
You mean Gingrich? :unsure:  Gingrich is in second, right?

My bad.  I misunderstood Cinco's post.

Phillip V

CBS News: 11 More Solyndras In Obama Energy Program

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/13/cbs_news_11_more_solyndras_in_obama_energy_program.html

Just the tip of the iceberg.
Want to start looking at my electoral map again? ;)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on January 14, 2012, 11:20:27 AM
Want to start looking at my electoral map again? ;)

It's right back there in your previous post, if I never need to refer to it again. Thanks :)
and the horse you rode in on

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

stjaba

I just got my absentee ballot in the mail. I have absolutely no idea who to vote for. My preferred candidate is Huntsmen, but odds are decent he will be out of the race by then. I really don't like any of the other candidates. I might go with Cain as a throwaway vote. Romney will probably have the election wrapped up anyways by the time Florida votes in a couple weeks.

Sheilbh

I think Huntsman's planning to stay until Florida.  He doesn't stand any chance in SC and apparently his wife's from Florida so they want to try and leverage that into votes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Evangelicals, Seeking Unity, Back Santorum for Nomination
'Evangelical leaders pursued a last-ditch effort on Saturday to exert influence in the Republican presidential primary race, voting to support the candidacy of Rick Santorum in hopes of undercutting Mitt Romney's march to the nomination.'
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/us/politics/conservative-religious-leaders-seeking-unity-vote-to-back-rick-santorum.html
QuoteA week before the South Carolina primary, a group of more than 100 influential Christian conservatives gathered at a ranch here and voted overwhelmingly to rally behind Mr. Santorum. An organizer described the vote as an "unexpected supermajority," a decision that was intended to help winnow the Republican field and consolidate the opposition to Mr. Romney.

CountDeMoney

Yeah...that's not gonna happen.

Siege

Ha, it looks like our nest President will be a mormont, of all things.
I would prefer a judden, but that;s asking too much.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2012, 05:23:42 AM
Ha, it looks like our nest President will be a mormont, of all things.

:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

Siege

I should no t post when their is blood in my alcohol system.