News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2012, 07:09:23 PM
I'm disappointed you didn't verbally abuse those phone folks.

What's the point?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

You should have invited the ron paul supporter to languish.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on January 02, 2012, 07:31:22 PM
Do they generally like to discuss politics on the Internet?

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2012, 08:09:21 PM
It can be fun, especially with people who have somewhat esoteric politics.  With people like you, who just adopt their party's platform wholesale, it's less interesting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2012, 08:29:09 PM
It can be fun, especially with people who have somewhat esoteric politics.  With people like you, who just adopt their party's platform wholesale, it's less interesting.

Less interesting yes, but necessary when you only have 2 choices and one of them is evil incarante.

DGuller

:yawn:  You can't even do Neil well anymore, what makes you think you can do Berkut well?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2012, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2012, 02:22:30 PM
The connection is that they want the same policies on things like the bank bailouts, the Fed, the war, the war on drugs and civil liberties.  I don't see how their different analyses invalidates their identical results.

They most definitely don't want the same policy on the Fed.  The last thing in the world the OWS types want is a gold standard that slams the brakes on money supply, jacks up interest rates on student loans and credit cards, transfers wealth from debtors to creditors, and instantly makes the US national debt unsustainable.

This, at least, is entirely accurate.

And for my own part, I never said I wanted the Fed abolished. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2012, 06:17:37 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2012, 06:13:50 PM
That's not what the word means anyway, Marti got that wrong.  He does have a massive Google problem which would make it difficult if the average voter's interest gets piqued and he tries to find out a bit more about him.

We can thank Dan Savage for that.  It's amazing the damage one well-motivated person can do on the internet.

Dan Savage must be heaven sent for homophobes.  When asked what they don't like about gays they can just point to him and say, "pretty much that".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2012, 09:27:42 PM
:yawn:  You can't even do Neil well anymore, what makes you think you can do Berkut well?
Nobody does Neil better than I do, Dorsey.

Still, it is true that with Count gone, you've become the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party on Languish, and that makes you boring.  Sure, Ide's politics are far more stupid and less well-thought out than yours, but because he is at least using his brain (albeit very poorly), he's far more interesting and does far better in political discussion than you do.  You just ring false.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2012, 10:29:54 PM
What about me?
Mentally incompetent, and thus unable to participate properly in the political process.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2012, 10:27:09 PM
Nobody does Neil better than I do, Dorsey.

Still, it is true that with Count gone, you've become the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party on Languish, and that makes you boring.  Sure, Ide's politics are far more stupid and less well-thought out than yours, but because he is at least using his brain (albeit very poorly), he's far more interesting and does far better in political discussion than you do.  You just ring false.
I think you're confusing me being anti-Republican with me being a Democratic mouthpiece (or you're just trolling).  I can't stand Republican party precisely because I like using my brain, which is the latest concept they declared war on.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
What about me?
Mentally incompetent, and thus unable to participate properly in the political process.

Well, that's good.  I was afraid I was going to get labeled a hack.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2012, 11:12:42 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
What about me?
Well, that's good.  I was afraid I was going to get labeled a hack.
Heavens no.