Flaky but Harmless
22 (42.3%)
Noble and Sensitive
3 (5.8%)
Jaron Will Not Be Wearing the Pants
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Josquius

Is he doing this a lot? - Yeah, thats mad and wrong.
Is it a once or twice just to see what its like? - A bit weird but nothing too insane, a lot of people trying out little challenges when bored.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

The boy needs a head headshrinker.  He's going to keep coming up with stupid ideas and eventually one of them is going to kill him.  Like when he wanted to bike across Nevada in the summer.  We'll seem him on the news as the guy who jumped into a lion enclosure at the zoo, or base jump off a bridge with out any experience.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 19, 2011, 09:25:08 PM
But you've described people helping you with doors, etc. which leads me to think you are giving the impression (intentionally or not) that you are actually blind, rather than just a sighted young man with profound psychological problems walking around with his eyes closed.

+1
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2011, 09:35:56 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 19, 2011, 09:29:16 PM
You know I didn't follow these forums much for years, but when I used to a lot more closely I remember lettow was just a super weird kid. It's obviously the case he is a full blown mental case now, with guaranteed severe personality disorder and almost certainly mental illness now as well.

When did this fascinating change happen?

I think Jaron's just after attention & you guys are being played.
fixed

Eddie Teach

Nah, Jaron actually does roam the streets of Utah poking things with his cane.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on December 19, 2011, 10:42:40 PM
Like when he wanted to bike across Nevada in the summer. 
That sounds amazing.  It would be a really fun holiday.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2011, 06:30:09 PM
Wearing flip-flops--unforgivable.

WTF?

Socks and sandals is where unforgivable comes into play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on December 19, 2011, 07:07:58 PM
It's no worse than other weird things that some people do, such as being gay or going to protests.

False. Homosexual acts can be kept behind closed doors. Protests or parading around in public as a pseudo-blind person can't.

I voted dick move.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2011, 11:27:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 19, 2011, 10:42:40 PM
Like when he wanted to bike across Nevada in the summer. 
That sounds amazing.  It would be a really fun holiday.

If you had experience and equipment.  It's a big desert, and not a lot of places to stop and get water.  It's extremely dangerous for a neophyte.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

Hello! To be as serious as I can here- I don't believe i'm crazy. If it's evident I am from languish posts, that's a little worrying, but I would think i've gotten better since I first came here. Things get taken out of context too often. I mean, in a prior paragraph- I did my very best to make it clear I had no intention of blinding myself, and the take away was that I was an unstable madman who was going to take out his own eyes. Absolutely not- that'd be irrational, as I said.

Compared to who I was when I came here, I am a quieter, friendlier person, who tries to consider other's feelings more, is less in a hurry, and i've cured a codependency that plagued me for years. I am mortified at the hurtful things I did to others as a high school student, particularly people I was supposed to care about. I have nothing to be proud about regarding foolish racist statements as well. In general, I've gradually distanced myself from fanatical nationalism. Not that the South was wrong- i'd never say that it was, and I love it dearly, but it's just not worth the mental strain. There are other things to care about and i've more than upheld my obligation. As well, once I got into college I finally started trying in class, so I easily have above a 3.5. Beyond that, i'm learning lots of fascinating things, and feeling a sense of awe at just how much there is to learn.

I like the improvements, although naturally things are not ideal. I am satisfied as a scholar, but somewhere along the line the binding promises I made to myself, among other things, ensured that I couldn't be satisfied with myself as a person. Not that I do not like who I have become, but that I know I will be unable to be what was expected of me. When my Father was alive my future was secure as a path to law, but now that is very doubtful. I do not anticipate ever functioning to that level within society- I have re-aligned my expectations to be in tune with this failure, and readjusted what I want to accomplish in life. I think I have a good chance of accomplishing my new goals, and I will therefore be relatively satisfied with life.

I have had the pleasure of knowing a wonderful friend, and the kindness of strangers as well. Life has lots of little warm points. I am grateful for the massive amounts of time for repose and leisure I get- it cheers me not to be subjected to any kind of labour.

What is the anatomy of a severe personality disorder, with attendant mental illness? I am quite functioning, languish; I don't see things that aren't there, I don't have voices, or any of that. I would hate for a differing outlook in life to be classified as crazy in and of itself. Consider that it could just be the result of different experiences.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

I think you should cut off your own nuts and teabag yourself.

Razgovory

You can still be functioning and have mental illness.  Many people are.  I honestly think you should have get a psych exam.  I think it might help.  I can't really hazard a guess as to what exactly is wrong with you. A person's internet and real persona can differ drastically. None of your acts seem to indicate you have a personality disorder (which is good), but you are certainly eccentric and have suffered some heavy losses recently.  Seeing a doctor would be playing it safe.

Malthus

Harmless, attention-seeking eccentricity. He's not harming himself or others, so far as is known. If he was better connected, maybe he could get an arts council grant for his 'performance art'. It isn't really any crazier than stuff other so-called performance artists do.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2011, 09:18:17 AM
Harmless, attention-seeking eccentricity. He's not harming himself or others, so far as is known. If he was better connected, maybe he could get an arts council grant for his 'performance art'. It isn't really any crazier than stuff other so-called performance artists do.   :D

:yes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

it's only harmless until he starts killing people to "see what it's liek to be a seriel killer" :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.