Long Term Friendships With Those Of Your Sexual Preference ?

Started by mongers, December 14, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 04:51:46 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 04:51:19 PM
My best friend for the past 25 years is a woman.

Oh, gawd.

Edit: oh, wait, I remember now; you didn't mean your wife. -_-

I haven't known my wife that long. I met my friend in high school and my wife in university.

She was married this year (the friend, not the wife  :D ).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Dunno.  I have a sister too.  I'm just messed up inside.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 04:51:46 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 04:51:19 PM
My best friend for the past 25 years is a woman.

Oh, gawd.

Edit: oh, wait, I remember now; you didn't mean your wife. -_-

I haven't known my wife that long. I met my friend in high school and my wife in university.

She was married this year (the friend, not the wife  :D ).

Yeah, and I remember me and CdM used to take turns saying variations of DOES NOT COMPUTE back on the old server.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 04:57:45 PM
Dunno.  I have a sister too.  I'm just messed up inside.

Dang now you have me thinking about this.  When I was younger and inept with women I would befriend the ones I wanted to be with and the results were so predictably disastrous I wonder if that particular trauma also has something to do with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 04:58:41 PM
Yeah, and I remember me and CdM used to take turns saying variations of DOES NOT COMPUTE back on the old server.

I was a bridesmaid at the wedding.  :D

I wore a suit though, no cross-dressing for me.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Man since coming out of the closet valmy has become angry :P

No real difference. Just that it's more annoying hearing them complain about relationships then my male friends. As a bonus chicks will set you up with hot friends. Guys will not since they want to do said hot friends.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on December 14, 2011, 05:04:06 PM
Man since coming out of the closet valmy had become angry :P

It was more like clueless. :blush:

I suck at writing.  But from what I have seen from you, you can empathize :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 05:03:47 PM

I was at my Sister's wedding as well.  Though my title was 'Bridesman' -_-

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2011, 05:06:14 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 05:03:47 PM

I was at my Sister's wedding as well.  Though my title was 'Bridesman' -_-

That works at a sister's wedding ... doesn't sound nearly as well at a non-sister's wedding.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

No real difference. Just that it's more annoying hearing them complain about relationships then my male friends. As a bonus chicks will set you up with hot friends. Guys will not since they want to do said hot friends.

:blink:

They do ?

That never happened to me, indeed thinking about it, I seemed to have been kept away from their female friends.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

That's what they call one-hour martinizing.

Quote from: Ed AngerI've remained friends with my first fiancée.

I guess technically I'm still friends with Korea, although I waver between wishing her well and wishing her into the cornfield.  That's only different in degree rather kind from my other friendships, though.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on December 14, 2011, 05:10:48 PM
That never happened to me, indeed thinking about it, I seemed to have been kept away from their female friends.   :hmm:

Me neither.  My friends were not very helpful in that department.