News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

{AAR} Ed's short attention span theatre.

Started by Ed Anger, December 12, 2011, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Ide is going to be so disappointed when I don't use the bomb city button.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Stalin authorized/demanded several night raids on Berlin and at least one of which I am aware upon Koenigsberg.

Petlyakov did spend time in a gulag--as did Myasishchev and Tupolev--but I don't think it was 'cause they built bombers.

Also, I'm pretty sure Stalin was in power while the VVS fielded some 800 TB-3s.  But perhaps these giant aircraft which often took part in the May Day parades between 1932 and 1940 simply escaped his notice.

But yeah it would have been difficult/unwise/impossible for the Soviets to ever pursue a serious strategic bombing campaign against Germany.  I'm just funning with Ed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Most of the strategic bombing was directed at kulaks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2011, 12:24:19 PM
But yeah it would have been difficult/unwise/impossible for the Soviets to ever pursue a serious strategic bombing campaign against Germany. 

True.  It was an abject failure with the far superior resources of the Western Allies when they tried it.  The Soviets would have suffered an even greater defeat.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

My kingdom for a functional supply system!

And I'm beginning to suspect German units are a bit too tough even when they are hammered down. I know they were great at forming ad-hoc units, but with 3 rifle corps backed by tanks, engineers and a kajillion arty pieces don't shatter the fuckers, I begin to think something is wrong.

Razgovory

True.  It was an abject failure with the far superior resources of the Western Allies when they tried it.  The Soviets would have suffered an even greater defeat.

Quotethink those who argue that US bombers never really contributed to the war against Germany are forgetting the importance of their role in killing McNair.  General McNair was responsible for more US combat deaths than any German general.

Hmmm.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

You all can go argue that in your own thread. For the love of merciful god, please.

Ideologue

Sorry.  I'm certainly of no mood to rehash an argument from nearly a decade ago.  I just wanted to make a joke. :(

QuoteAnd I'm beginning to suspect German units are a bit too tough even when they are hammered down. I know they were great at forming ad-hoc units, but with 3 rifle corps backed by tanks, engineers and a kajillion arty pieces don't shatter the fuckers, I begin to think something is wrong.

You're Russia.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2011, 06:17:41 PM

QuoteAnd I'm beginning to suspect German units are a bit too tough even when they are hammered down. I know they were great at forming ad-hoc units, but with 3 rifle corps backed by tanks, engineers and a kajillion arty pieces don't shatter the fuckers, I begin to think something is wrong.

You're Russia.

I suspecting wargaming German fanboism from the game setup. Just a sneaking suspicion.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2011, 06:15:31 PM
You all can go argue that in your own thread. For the love of merciful god, please.

Seconded. That Troll was so obvious and it wasnt Ide. Not mentioning any names (Grumbler)..... :lmfao:

On with the AAR!!!!!!!!!
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2011, 06:20:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2011, 06:17:41 PM

You're Russia.

I suspecting wargaming German fanboism from the game setup. Just a sneaking suspicion.

The Russians sucked ass.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Accountants to the front! turn...whatever.

Ivan Konev's command:

I'm going to let everybody rest a turn in the South.

The Narva is breached, SS supermen rout under the might of the 2nd Shock Army:

The Krauts are evacuating Estonia.

Volksgrenadiers? LOLZ. Also, the outskirts of Minsk and Lvov have been reached.

Razgovory

Jesus Christ.  Those Russian Fronts are huge.

Question:  Are "Men" counted when in to taking into consideration the crews of AFVs, Artillery, etc.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
Question:  Are "Men" counted when in to taking into consideration the crews of AFVs, Artillery, etc.

If they leveraged the land combat system from War in the Pacific, which it looks like they did, then "men" does count vehicle and gun crews.  I think its 3 per gun and 4 per AFV.