A Frosty Reception for Coca-Cola's White Christmas Cans

Started by garbon, December 12, 2011, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

It's only acceptable to drink soda with meals if you are American or, worse, working class.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

I like the way the acidity cuts greasy food.

I've mentioned it several times before: what you get if buy a Coke is actually New Coke.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2011, 02:53:57 PMIf you're quaffing litres of the stuff on a daily basis that's your business, but expect to get fat if you're not already.

People told me that by the time I got to my mid-20s that would happen to me.  Well, I still drink an insane amount of soda of all kinds (usually Canada Dry, Dr. Pepper, and A&W Root Beer) and it hasn't happened yet. I barely exercise.
Yuman

mongers

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 12, 2011, 06:55:11 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2011, 02:53:57 PMIf you're quaffing litres of the stuff on a daily basis that's your business, but expect to get fat if you're not already.

People told me that by the time I got to my mid-20s that would happen to me, yet.  Well, I still drink an insane amount of soda of all kinds (usually Canada Dry, Dr. Pepper, and A&W Root Beer) and it hasn't happened yet. I barely exercise.

fixed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2011, 06:38:20 PM
I like the way the acidity cuts greasy food.

I've mentioned it several times before: what you get if buy a Coke is actually New Coke.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2011, 07:13:51 PM
I know.  It blew my mind too.

So they just change the formula later without telling anyone and everyone accepted it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2011, 08:06:56 PM
So they just change the formula later without telling anyone and everyone accepted it?

They change it slowly over time so no one notices and thinks they're still drinking the old formula.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2011, 08:11:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2011, 08:06:56 PM

They change it slowly over time so no one notices and thinks they're still drinking the old formula.

Wikipedia has this on that notion:

QuoteCoke considered but rejected gradually changing the drink's flavor incrementally, without announcing that they were doing so. Executives feared that the public would notice and exaggerate slight differences in taste. In 1998, Joel Dubow, a professor of food marketing at St. Joseph's University, tested this "flavor balance hypothesis" and argued that it was not true. He and fellow researcher Nancy Childs tested mixtures of classic Coke and Coca-Cola II and found that the gradual changes of taste were not noticed by a significant number of tasters. Coke, he said, would have succeeded had it chosen this strategy

Drakken

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2011, 02:53:57 PM
As for soda with meals, I do that maybe once a month on average. If you're quaffing litres of the stuff on a daily basis that's your business, but expect to get fat if you're not already.

Coke Zero/Diet Coke is 0 calories, it'll take an eternity to get fat on this. It's basically soda with caffeine and aspartame.

However, it does make you more likely to be hungrier and eat more, and so can indirectly lead to fat.

JonasSalk

Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2011, 06:59:13 PM

People told me that by the time I got to my mid-20s that would happen to me, yet.  Well, I still drink an insane amount of soda of all kinds (usually Canada Dry, Dr. Pepper, and A&W Root Beer) and it hasn't happened yet. I barely exercise.

fixed.

I'll give you an update when I hit my 30s.
Yuman

Zoupa

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 13, 2011, 12:46:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2011, 06:59:13 PM

fixed.

I'll give you an update when I hit my 30s.

It'll hit you around 28.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017