A Frosty Reception for Coca-Cola's White Christmas Cans

Started by garbon, December 12, 2011, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Jacob

As for soda with meals, I do that maybe once a month on average. If you're quaffing litres of the stuff on a daily basis that's your business, but expect to get fat if you're not already.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2011, 02:43:24 PM
Really?  There have to be more people here who agree with me.

I don't drink much soda at all anymore, probably less than 5 servings a year.  Even when I did drink it more often I didn't drink it with a meal, too sweet and carbonated to go with most food.

That's fine on a cutting back thing but to act as though soda doesn't go with meals...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2011, 02:50:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2011, 01:25:20 PM
One affects my life, one does not. :)

Your life isn't that interesting though.

I never claimed it was. That said - I'm not sure that paying attention to French elections would help matters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I don't drink much soda at all anymore, probably less than 5 servings a year.  Even when I did drink it more often I didn't drink it with a meal, too sweet and carbonated to go with most food.

You don't drink much soda at all any more, yet find it weird that other people drink soda with meals.   :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

sbr

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2011, 02:54:39 PM

That's fine on a cutting back thing but to act as though soda doesn't go with meals...

Even before I cut back, from very little to almost none, I didn't drink soda with meals much.  Maybe when we went out for pizza or to a game where there wasn't much choice.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on December 12, 2011, 03:01:56 PM

You don't drink much soda at all any more, yet find it weird that other people drink soda with meals.   :hmm:

Well, yeah.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Neil

No, there probably aren't.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?