A Frosty Reception for Coca-Cola's White Christmas Cans

Started by garbon, December 12, 2011, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2011, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 13, 2011, 12:03:39 PM
I find that coke is a poor choice to pair with food, unless the food you're eating is low grade junk.

I don't. :)
Reasonable people can disagree, though they really shouldn't if they're truly reasonable.

Valmy

I find that coke is a poor choice to pair with food, unless the food you're eating is low grade junk.

The Turkey sandwich I made for lunch did well with my diet coke :unsure:

Are you calling my sandwich junk? :angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2011, 12:23:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2011, 12:21:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 13, 2011, 10:18:15 AM
Ok but why would Coke want to change its formula?  :huh:

Corn syrup is cheaper than cane sugar.  Or what Yi said.

But they were using corn syrup in the US before New Coke. Again according to wikipedia.

Oh, dunno then.  I'm going by a snopes article I read or misread a few years ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I guess they still use vanilla in current coke unlike 80's new coke since Madagascar's economy hasn't tanked.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I tried some of that Throwback Mountain Dew with sugar instead of corn syrup. Didn't care for it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 13, 2011, 12:45:00 PM

I tried some of that Throwback Mountain Dew with sugar instead of corn syrup. Didn't care for it.

I do like Mexican coke.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 13, 2011, 12:45:00 PM

Oh, I did.  Has a cleaner taste/less aftertaste.  Same for the Pepsi throwback & Mexican Coke. 

What the soft drink companies need to do now is do throwback recipes for diet sodas.  Nasty 1970s diet soda made with saccharin*-- the marketing practically writes itself :)

*yes, I know saccharin is officially no longer hazardous to humans, but I'm sure public perception hasn't quite caught up to that yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on December 13, 2011, 03:36:52 PM

Only due to tariffs.

I suppose next you're gonna tell me corn ethanol subsidies are a bad thing? :yeahright: 

Razgovory

There is a whole island not 90 miles away from the US with tons of sugar cane...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

I saw the white cans in a deli today and my first thought, even having read this thread, was: "Hmm what is this new Diet Coke they have? :hmm:" :blush:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2011, 03:54:23 PM
There is a whole island not 90 miles away from the US with tons of sugar cane...

No blood for sugar!