And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Not doing much at the moment, aiming to cut back on exercise so I can put on a bit of weight for winter.

Though I did pop out late this afternoon for a quick spin on the folding bike around the New Forest, ended up doing 50km, though certainly felt I could have done another 50km if I hadn't had run out of light.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Sorry for being a dick. I don't want to brag or whatever. But as I've found a way to get in shape and still not give up the booze, sometimes the combination of those factors creates a perfect storm of whiskey-fueled weight loss posting.

And making Meri mad at me, and praising my wife. Who is actually quite cool.  :)

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Brazen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 21, 2012, 02:19:53 AM
Sorry for being a dick. I don't want to brag or whatever. But as I've found a way to get in shape and still not give up the booze, sometimes the combination of those factors creates a perfect storm of whiskey-fueled weight loss posting.
Nothing dickish about that. Sometimes after a work day starts badly I record the calories in the wine I intend to drink that evening at 9.30am :P

If I have a weight-loss plateau, beer and pizza followed by a three-mile run the next morning gets things moving again, as it were. I've learned to plan a route with regular toilet stops though  :Embarrass:

Anyway, I'm back at it. I ran outside for the first time in over a month yesterday and did circuit training today.

By the way runners and zombie fans, if you don't have it already download the "Zombies, Run!" app. Nothing like a horde of undead on your tail to make you run fast!

Eddie Teach

I would let the zombies catch me.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 21, 2012, 11:27:06 AM
I would let the zombies catch me.  :Embarrass:

My brain would probably make them sick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

I have a feeling the few really fit people on Languish never post in this thread and its just us aged whingers who bother.   :(

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: mongers on October 21, 2012, 02:25:30 PM
I have a feeling the few really fit people on Languish never post in this thread and its just us aged whingers who bother.   :(

True.  :D

My waist is the same as it was when I was fitted for my tux when I got married now however. Fifteen years ago. I also started going grey at age thirteen. I'll be starting a thread asking about dying your hair soon.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I have a feeling you actually are one of the fittest people on Languish. Not counting Cecil B. DeLurk.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

I don't think so. But yes, we're getting older  :)

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on October 21, 2012, 04:51:54 PM

Well you've ruined my pet theory now.  :hmm:

By the way how did you race in the Alps/Jura go ? 

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on October 21, 2012, 06:26:43 PM
Quote from: Maladict on October 21, 2012, 04:51:54 PM

Well you've ruined my pet theory now.  :hmm:

By the way how did you race in the Alps/Jura go ?

Just to be clear, I don't consider myself 'really fit', far from it atm actually. Hence my absence from this thread, I think most people do post here when they've been working out.

I last raced in the Alps three years ago, is that the one you're referring to?

PDH

Did one of the last weekends of biking Sat and Sun.  Woke up both days and it was windy (a problem here on the High Plains) and cold, but still did two of the 25 mile round trips.

I figure I did well over 1500 miles from Spring til now - which is good, as in a couple of weeks it gets below zero and the bike stays away until April.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on October 22, 2012, 08:49:09 AM
Did one of the last weekends of biking Sat and Sun.  Woke up both days and it was windy (a problem here on the High Plains) and cold, but still did two of the 25 mile round trips.

I figure I did well over 1500 miles from Spring til now - which is good, as in a couple of weeks it gets below zero and the bike stays away until April.

:thumbsup:

I guess it's swings and roundabouts, you get all of benefits of living in such spectacular country, but you have to live with the interior continental seasons; here we just seem to get variations on drizzle/mist/haze year round.  :bowler:

PDH

Let me tell you, when a Barrister Boy Arctic Express rolls through and the temperature never gets above -10f all day, the last thing I want to do is bike.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM