News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2012, 05:38:52 PM
I'm not doing too well at the moment, one of my fitness targets, cycling the same distance as the Tour de France between its end and Xmas, is beginning to look out of sight; I need to do 800 odd miles between now and December 25th.   :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: merithyn on October 27, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
There were two flags, not three, and I lost both of them. :(

I did, however, manage the 5k in 40:45 with a 12:56/mile average.   :showoff:
Great result and an admirable speed :cheers:

crazy canuck

Went for my latest physical - blood pressure is perfect, cholesteral is low and I have permission to discontinue use of puffers unless I have a flair up.

Progress is being made.

Next goal - slam that damned ball again.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on October 29, 2012, 04:52:17 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 27, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
There were two flags, not three, and I lost both of them. :(

I did, however, manage the 5k in 40:45 with a 12:56/mile average.   :showoff:
Great result and an admirable speed :cheers:

:yes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2012, 05:59:36 PM
Went for my latest physical - blood pressure is perfect, cholesteral is low and I have permission to discontinue use of puffers unless I have a flair up.

Progress is being made.

:cheers:

or not as the case may be, if you cutting back on the stuff for fitness purposes.  :)

Eddie Teach

Don't you just have to stand on tiptoes to do that?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2012, 06:11:51 PM

Don't you just have to stand on tiptoes to do that?

If that were true I woulda been a contenda.

mongers

Ouch, not as fit at the end of yesterday as I was at the start; had a slight prang on my bike and once again a if I'd been wearing a helmet, it would have prevented the damage to my knee, arm and thumb.   :(

First time I've ever gone to the local medical centre/emergency centre following a bike accident, my lower arm when oddly numb so I thought I'd better have it checked out, having decided the other day I'm no longer indestructible.  <_<

Actually today it didn't materially affect my cycling home this evening, did 9 miles in 31 minutes though that might have been aided by a tail wind.

merithyn

I've managed to strain my biceps femoris (one of the hamstring muscles). It hurts. A lot. :mad:

No running until after Thanksgiving, and probably very little walking, too. What a GREAT time to have to lower my calories due to lack of exercise! :ultra: :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

I think I strained(or possibly even tore, dunno, haven't seen doctor) my biceps in my right arm. My arm hurts when I put weight on it or twist it too much. The first week and a half it hurt all the time.

celedhring

I bought a scale today. From now on my life will be a misery, but I really need to shed some weight.

Drakken

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 16, 2012, 11:09:57 AM
I think I strained(or possibly even tore, dunno, haven't seen doctor) my biceps in my right arm. My arm hurts when I put weight on it or twist it too much. The first week and a half it hurt all the time.

Have it checked, but it could also be because of bad posture, especially if it hurts through your arm and you start to feel like you have carpal tunnel symptoms.

Before I went to physiotherapy, my arms would hurt all through my biceps to my wrists and my grip was horrendous to the point any bag would slip through my fingers and fall to the ground. After treatment in the neck and correcting the posture, it went away in a few weeks.

mongers

Not doing much at the moment, just pottering about; how everyone else doing ??

merithyn

Spending a lot of time whinging about my leg. I had no idea that a pulled hamstring could hurt so freaking bad! It's unending, and I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a week because of it.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...