News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much would you debase yourself?

Started by Razgovory, December 08, 2011, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

How much would you be willing to debase yourself for large amount of cash?  Let's say 10 Million dollars, tax free. (I don't know how rich all members of Languish are, but that should be a substantial sum for pretty much everyone on here).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Query: is the activity legal, or am I immunized from prosecution if it is not?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

10 mil? not worth it. 100 mil? I'd strip and sing the Milkshake song.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

I've watched enough French movies to know that we debase ourselves for so much less everyday.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

I mean, I'd be willing to do some seriously nasty shit for like ten thousand (depending on the length of the activity).  I mean, feel free to come up with your own examples, I'd probably do it.

The only limits would be compromising my health in a serious way (exposing myself HIV-infected bodily fluids, for example) or run up against serious moral barriers (killing animals... maybe).

And I would never risk prison for any amount of money.

But I'd believe in the triune God for a hundred dollars.  Maybe the next time those Mormon fuckos come by I'll make 'em an offer.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

I think for me it's more whether it's a one off debasement or a daily humiliation.  I think I could be the guy on Black Mirror.  I couldn't, on the other hand, be Mitt Romney.
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

I'd go on tv as the guy who refused a million dollars to debase myself and make a million dollars selling my story.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Warspite

I think the better question on Languish is what people wouldn't do for ten bucks.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Capetan Mihali

What is the name of that old French book/movie adaptation which is essentially: for how much money would you let another man sleep with your wife?  I'm blanking on it and can't find it with fifteen seconds of Google searching.

That would be a time-honored and interesting question for our married Languishites...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

mongers

Most of my middle and upper-middle class friends do this on a daily basis.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

Actually, I might have just been thinking of Indecent Proposal and combining it with Dangerous Liasons.

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 08, 2011, 07:49:50 PM
Actually, I might have just been thinking of Indecent Proposal and combining it with Dangerous Liasons.

Yep! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

Why do you care, Raz? You already live in debasement. (:blush:)
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.