News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much would you debase yourself?

Started by Razgovory, December 08, 2011, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 08, 2011, 07:38:23 PM
I think for me it's more whether it's a one off debasement or a daily humiliation.  I think I could be the guy on Black Mirror.  I couldn't, on the other hand, be Mitt Romney.
:XD: Poor Mitt!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I don't understand. What's debasing? You guys are being unclear.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

IOW would you do something like suck a dude's dick if someone gave you enough cash.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 08, 2011, 08:34:16 PM
Can I pick which guy?

That you would even ask pretty much answers Cal's question.  Now the 2 of you just need to agree on a price, and discuss whether or not you have to wear a set of falsies while fellating him.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2011, 08:28:14 PM
IOW would you do something like suck a dude's dick if someone gave you enough cash.

Tell me more.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

US$10 million?  I'd go very far.  After all, I'm debasing myself on a daily if not hourly basis for far less anyway.  Might as well do this once and then retire.  How far?  I'm not going to murder someone.  I'm not going to give up a limb.  Public humiliation is fine.  I would only do it after my bank confirms that the money is safely there though. 

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2011, 08:41:35 PM
I'm not going to murder someone.  I'm not going to give up a limb. 

Neither of those come to mind when I think of debasement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Debasement for cash is hardly the worst thing in the world.  Like Mono, I'm worried about the ability to essentially earn enough from the activity to guarantee I don't have to work any more.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Camerus

I think any scenario like that would be artificial and thus somewhat ridiculous.  So psychologically it wouldn't quite be as debasing as a bona fide humiliation.  Also, I wouldn't compromise my health in any way or go to prison, but I am not sure losing a limb or whatnot can be considered as debasing. Other than that, sign me up!  :woot:

I think it's safe to say that, deep down, we are all whores if the price is right.

Habsburg

I'd pick up one dollar bills thrown around by Mickey Rourke (on my hands and knees) does this qualify?

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on December 08, 2011, 08:36:30 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 08, 2011, 08:34:16 PM
Can I pick which guy?

That you would even ask pretty much answers Cal's question.  Now the 2 of you just need to agree on a price, and discuss whether or not you have to wear a set of falsies while fellating him.

Eyelashes or boobs?  I mean I guess we know which Cal would pick.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Habsburg on December 08, 2011, 09:16:29 PM
I'd pick up one dollar bills thrown around by Mickey Rourke (on my hands and knees) does this qualify?

I think that might be far beyond the scope of the hypothetical. :x

Josquius

Debase in what way?
I'll go pretty far in some directions for a reasonably small amount whilst for other things it would require huge money for me to even consider.
██████
██████
██████