And we're back!

Main Menu

Of Men And Valour

Started by Siege, April 28, 2009, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Siege on April 28, 2009, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2009, 09:54:48 PM
I remember Napoleon saying something about 1 Mameluk being equal to 3 Frenchmen but 100 Frenchmen being equal to 1000 Mameluks. One of the exiled Spartan kings told Xerxes something similar about the Spartans.

Well, I don't know about Nappy's time, but it certainly doesn't apply for our times.

I mean, one muslim terrorist for 3 american soldiers?  :lol:
Khobar Towers was one terrorist for 19 americans
That's either a regular infantry fireteam, a reconainsance team, or an sniper team.
In either case, no hope for your lonely brave muslim warrior.  :lol:

And a hundred american soldiers would wipe their asses with 10 000 regular arab/muslim soldiers.

Easily.

Now, terrorists, is a diferent ball game, because we can't get them all together in a nice and organized manner.

The Point that Napoleon was making that despite whatever the fighting skills of the individual soldier, what wins battles is the ability of the soldiers to work together.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 12:45:28 AM
And yes, two generations or more is fairly recently. I'd think of a third generation russian immigrant as a russian- you wouldent?

:huh: At what point does he become just another white guy?  200 years later?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Nuremberg Laws say 1/8th, American Law used one drop.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Lettow77

Well, the Bible says the sins of the fathers carry unto the third and fourth generation.

Surely he is meaningfully assimilated by the fifth, however.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2009, 12:46:59 AM
And yes, two generations or more is fairly recently. I'd think of a third generation russian immigrant as a russian- you wouldent?

Woot suck it Yi and Scips, you are Korean and Rus still :punk:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2009, 12:46:59 AM

While I please don't want you to take me as being on Lettow's side on this debate, but as a fifth generation Ukrainian-Canadian I don't think of myself as "just another white guy"...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

So I'm confused. Am I Southern or am I not? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

:mad:
Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2009, 12:50:58 AM

While I please don't want you to take me as being on Lettow's side on this debate,

garbon

While I please don't want you to take me as being on Lettow's side on this debate, but as a fifth generation Ukrainian-Canadian I don't think of myself as "just another white guy"...

If it makes you feel special. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2009, 12:51:47 AM

In lettow's world you are southern and should be renamed Toby.

Habbaku

Yet you've appended "-Canadian" onto the end of the ethnicity you claim.  My contention is with Lettow claiming that a grandson of an immigrant (like myself) is somehow an "Italian" or "Ukrainian" or "Russian" rather than "American."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Lettow77

Your a deviant, garbon. But you didnt need me to tell you that, did you?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2009, 12:51:47 AM

You are our sleeper-agent in California.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 12:53:23 AM
Your a deviant, garbon. But you didnt need me to tell you that, did you?

And "your" a deviant for continuing to rape your one and only language.  Learn some grammar.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2009, 12:52:37 AM

If it makes you feel special. :console:

In western Canada there's absolutely nothing special about being Ukrainian-Canadian. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.