News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Of Men And Valour

Started by Siege, April 28, 2009, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Ive learned some grammar, Habs- Sufficient to make me prefer Southern orthography to the mainline yankee english. And as such, it is your, not you're, among other little changes.

If anything, I put more effort into my grammar than I would by adhering to the Webster conventions.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 12:53:23 AM
Your a deviant, garbon. But you didnt need me to tell you that, did you?

But I'm within the magic ring of the fifth generation!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

Enjoy your jubilee, then. You are Southern neither by sentiment nor familial ties. I dont think there is any lost love between the two parties.

Was this really such a big deal? Blacks are still Southerners, by and large- only your cut off from the black community.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2009, 12:53:29 AM
You are our sleeper-agent in California.

OMG, I'm Denzel in the Manchurian Candidate?

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 12:58:24 AM
You are Southern neither by sentiment nor familial ties.
:huh:

My paternal grandparents are from the South.

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 12:58:24 AMBlacks are still Southerners, by and large- only your cut off from the black community.

We already went over this, dumbass. :rolleyes:

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2009, 12:59:41 AM
This is God's Country. :contract:

I've always wondered what an area would look like if God kept his Old Testament-style "screw everything" approach to the inhabitants.  Now I know!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

:rolleyes:

And God is dead or otherwise locked up in an insane asylum. :smarty:

Lettow77

Yes, we went over it before, Garbon- and I was right then and remain so.

As for the familial ties- my mistake. You did, after all, say you lay within the fifth generation, so one might therefore reasonably construe there werent Southerners in your line as recently as two generations back. A falsehood on your part, or a misunderstanding on mine?

In the event, you are relegated to a bitter and homosexual renegade Southerner who is assimilating nicely into the left coast.  Congradulations?

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 01:05:06 AM
As for the familial ties- my mistake. You did, after all, say you lay within the fifth generation, so one might therefore reasonably construe there werent Southerners in your line as recently as two generations back. A falsehood on your part, or a misunderstanding on mine?

Sorry, I knew as I typed that it wouldn't be interpreted how I'd meant it. I meant that I was "within" that boundary as in still close enough by your own admission.

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 29, 2009, 01:05:06 AMIn the event, you are relegated to a bitter and homosexual renegade Southerner who is assimilating nicely into the left coast.  Congradulations?

I'd tell my friends, but they'd scarcely believe me. :Embarrass:

DisturbedPervert

Magnus

I shouldn't get involved with this, but what the hell;

Lettow, you do not in anyway what so ever resemble the "Southern Gentleman", you are actually a rascist prick, with far more in common with a redneck than anyone else.
You are the example of the worst things the South has to offer, Hated instead of Hospitality, Self Righteous, instead of Humility.
You are the thing that makes people hate the South, that is causing the death of South.
If you think the South is what you are, then it deserves to die, and be forgotten.
Thankfully Sir, based on parts of my family, you are wrong.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Viking on April 29, 2009, 01:32:48 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 29, 2009, 01:31:24 AM

The Bruces would disagree :outback:

God's Country /= God's Own Country

God's Own Earth if you want to get that technical.