News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Does anyone do any mountaineering?

Started by alfred russel, December 07, 2011, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

I have one no one else here has done, I climbed up the 800 feet observation hill, above McMurdo Station. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on December 08, 2011, 08:30:42 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2011, 08:28:56 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 08, 2011, 08:26:06 AM
But to those that climb with companions, how do you find these people? "I have an idea, lets go to Tanzania and climb Kilimanjaro" isn't likely to get many positive responses.

In the movies it's always one yuppie who's sold out his soul and his college buddy fuckup.  :)

I would be the yuppie who sold his soul, but by this time the booze and smokes have taken their toll on the college buddy fuckups.  :(

I come in two different models of college fuckup.  Choose the one that's right: for you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on December 08, 2011, 06:57:50 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2011, 06:29:02 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 07, 2011, 10:46:23 PM
a 400ft high mountain
:huh: That sounds more like a hill, son.
Need some batteries for your irony detector?

Mono, do you ever walk up The Peak? That's 1,811 ft.

Oh I have no idea.  Yeah I've done it a few times, actually.  It doesn't feel difficult even for me, because there is a nice paved road from bottom to top. 

lustindarkness

This has kept me thinking, I have done mountain hiking but not mountain climbing like up a cliff. I have also gone up a cold fast moving creek in a tropical rainforest, the waterfall parts were mostly climbing, does that count?
I need to hit the trails soon.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom